Sticky Rice Chicken Dumplings Wrapped in Banana Leaf.
Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, sticky rice chicken dumplings wrapped in banana leaf. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Sticky Rice Chicken Dumplings Wrapped in Banana Leaf is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Sticky Rice Chicken Dumplings Wrapped in Banana Leaf is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook sticky rice chicken dumplings wrapped in banana leaf using 20 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Sticky Rice Chicken Dumplings Wrapped in Banana Leaf:
- Get 4 of chicken thighs, skinless and boneless, cut into small 1/4" chunks.
- Make ready 1 of chicken breast, skinless, cut into 1/4" chunks.
- Get of Marinade.
- Make ready 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- Get 2 of shallots, sliced thin.
- Get 1 tbsp of sake.
- Take 1 tbsp of chili-garlic sauce.
- Take 1/4 tsp of chinese five spice.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of fish sauce.
- Make ready 1 tsp of fresh ground pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger paste or minced ginger.
- Take 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Get 2 tsp of corn starch.
- Make ready 2 cups of thai sticky rice (see description for notes).
- Get 200 g of shiitake mushrooms, destemmed and sliced thin.
- Make ready 3 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of peanut oil (or other frying oil).
- Make ready 3 of large banana leaves.
- Get of bamboo skewerd.
Steps to make Sticky Rice Chicken Dumplings Wrapped in Banana Leaf:
- Combine chicken, shallots and marinade ingredients in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for one hour up to 4 hours..
- Put rice in a large bowl and submerge fully in water. Let soak for at least one hour up to 3..
- After at least an hour of soaking, drain the water from the rice and add 2 cups fresh water and 2 tbsp soy sauce. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to barely maintain a simmer. Cover the rice and cook for 20 minutes..
- Put 1/2 tbsp of sesame oil and peanut oil each in a wok over medium high heat. When the oil starts to smoke add half of the mushrooms. Cook until golden brown. Remove and set aside. Then do the other half of the mushrooms..
- Reduce heat to medium and add another 1/2 tsp of each of the oils and add 1/3 of chicken mix. Cook until golden brown..
- We are cooking in batches as to not crowd the pan. So you'll repeat thos twice more with thw remaining chicken. When the pan gets dry add a couple tablespoons of sake rather than oil..
- Combine the stir fried chicken and mushrooms. Toss and set aside..
- While you're waiting for the rice to finish prepare your banana leaves. Cut 4 sheets about 18 inches long and another four sheets about 10 inches long..
- After 20 minutes test the rice for doneness by scooping out a small hole in the middle. If all the water is done you're good to go. Set aside and allow to cool to room temperature..
- Place one long sheet and one short sheet of leaf down on a flat surafce perpendicular to each other..
- Take a handful of rice and pat it down into a circular base. You're looking for about 1/4 inch thick and 8 inches in diameter..
- Spoon the chicken mix onto the rice. Leave about 1/4 inch around the perimeter of the rice uncovered..
- Take another handful and cover the chicken, making a dome..
- Fold the sides of the banana leaves in lengrhwise..
- Bring in the top of the leaf as of you were folding a present. Secure by weaving the skewere through the layers of leaves. Break off the excess..
- Repeat with the bottom..
- Finish the other 3 dumplings. You can now refrigerate these for up to four days, or go straight to heating if you're ready to eat..
- Heat the banana leaves over low heat on a grill. About 10 minutes each side. Alternatively you can put the leaves in an oven at 325F for 20 minutes..
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food sticky rice chicken dumplings wrapped in banana leaf recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!