Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Creamy mushroom and wild rice soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Creamy mushroom and wild rice soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
Every person knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a nutritious and balanced diet and get a proper amount of exercise. The sad thing is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. When our work day is complete, most people do not want to go to the gym. People crave salty and sweet, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy decisions doesn’t have to be irritating. If you keep at it, you’ll get all of the required nutrients and exercise. Here are some simple ways to get healthy.
Drink water, not alternative drinks. Having a soda or a cup of coffee every once in a while isn’t a terrible idea. It is definitely, however, a bad idea to only drink soda or coffee. Choosing water as opposed to other beverage adds to your body’s health and allows it stay hydrated. This also helps you decrease your caloric intake by hundreds of points without having to buy and eat terrible diet foods. Water is ordinarily one of the keys to really slimming down and becoming really healthy.
There are a good deal of things that work toward your getting healthy. An expensive gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. It is the little things you choose on a daily basis that really help you with weight loss and getting healthy. Make shrewd choices every day is a great start. A proper amount of physical activity each day is also critical. Don’t forget that health isn’t only about how much you weigh. You want your body to be strong too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to creamy mushroom and wild rice soup recipe. To cook creamy mushroom and wild rice soup you only need 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Creamy mushroom and wild rice soup:
- Use of sliced baby bella mushrooms.
- Take of shredded carrots.
- Use of onion, diced.
- Prepare of stalks celery, diced.
- Provide of minced garlic.
- Get of olive oil.
- Take of butter, divided.
- Take of flour.
- Use of vegetable stock.
- Prepare of wild rice.
- Prepare of salt.
- Provide of fresh ground black pepper.
- Take of 12 ounces – evaporated milk.
Instructions to make Creamy mushroom and wild rice soup:
- Place olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in large stock pot over medium high heat..
- Add mushrooms, onion, carrots, and garlic. Saute 10 minutes, or until tender..
- Remove and reserve veggies and any juices from stock pot and turn heat down to medium..
- Make roux: add remaining 2 tablespoons butter. When melted, whisk in flour. Cook and whisk over medium until golden and nutty smelling, about 5 minutes..
- Meanwhile, warm 3 cups stock, either in microwave or in a saucepan..
- Slowly whisk hot stock into roux, about 1/2 cup at a time, until smooth and bubbly..
- When roux and warmed stock are incorporated, add rice, remaining stock, reserved veggies and their juices, and salt and pepper..
- Cover and simmer until rice is done, about one hour..
- Add evaporated milk and heat through but do not boil..
I used Uncle Bens Wild Rice. It came with a spice packet. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to put it in. I did, and I loved this "soup." It was more like a stew. A truly delicious soup and the aroma while it was cooking was just divine. 🙂 I doubled the recipe, then used proportionally more sliced mushrooms.
If you find this Creamy mushroom and wild rice soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.