Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Vietnamese Style Vegetarian Spring Rolls recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vietnamese Style Vegetarian Spring Rolls recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Energy Goodies.
We are very mindful that consuming healthy meals can help us really feel better in our bodies. We tend to feel way less gross when we increase our intake of healthy foods and reduce our consumption of junk foods. A salad allows us to feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Choosing healthier food choices can be challenging when it’s snack time. You can spend hours at the grocery store searching for the perfect snack foods to make you feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting treat.
Just about the most popular snack foods is low fat yogurt. Often people decide to eat yogurt over a balanced lunch which is not the right idea. You cannot beat yogurt whenever it comes to a wholesome snack though. Along with calcium, it is a good supply of necessary protein and vitamin B. Yogurt is typically eaten to help preserve the digestive system since it is so easily digestible by most people. Quick hint: pick unsweetened yogurt and add in walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an excellent way to enjoy a flavorful snack without the need of too much sugar.
You will find lots of healthy treats you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s easy to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vietnamese style vegetarian spring rolls recipe. You can cook vietnamese style vegetarian spring rolls using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Vietnamese Style Vegetarian Spring Rolls:
- Use 6-8 of rice paper sheets.
- You need 1 of small bunch coriander leaves/cilantro.
- You need 1 of small bunch mint leaves.
- Take 1 of cucumber.
- Prepare 1-2 of carrots.
- Prepare 1/2 of red bell pepper/capsicum.
- Provide To taste of Salt and pepper powder (optional).
- You need of For the tofu/paneer filling:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of tofu or paneer (Indian cottage cheese) cut into long thick strips.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of red chilli flakes.
- Prepare To taste of Salt(optional as soy sauce has some salt).
- Use 1-2 teaspoons of oil.
- You need As required of Red chilli sauce or ketchup for dipping.
- Use of For the peanut dipping sauce:.
- Provide 1/4 cup of creamy peanut butter.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of soy sauce.
- Get 2 teaspoons of chilli garlic sauce or Srirach sauce.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of fresh lemon/lime juice.
- You need As needed of Crushed salted peanuts.
- You need As required of Few chilli flakes (optional).
- Use As required of Tomato Ketchup/Red chilli sauce for dipping (optional).
Instructions to make Vietnamese Style Vegetarian Spring Rolls:
- PREPARE THE VEGETABLE FILLING: Wash and clean cilantro and mint leaves well. Pick the mint leaves off the stems; discard the stems. Roughly chop cilantro. Peel and cut carrots into fine juliennes or matchsticks. Cut cucumbers into matchsticks (I did not peel them as the green colour of the skin adds to the texture and colour of the rolls). Cut red bell pepper into thin long strips. If you like, you can sprinkle salt and pepper on the carrots, cucumbers and bell peppers and mix gently..
- TO MAKE THE TOFU/PANEER STUFFING: Mix tofu/paneer strips with soy sauce, chilli flakes and salt to taste(if adding). Marinate for about 10 to 15 minutes..
- In a small nonstick saucepan, heat 1 to 2 teaspoons of oil. Add marinated tofu/paneer. Stir fry on high heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Take care not to break the tofu/paneer strips. Remove from heat and let cool..
- TO MAKE THE PEANUT DIPPING SAUCE: In a small bowl, mix peanut butter, soy sauce, chilli sauce/sriracha sauce along with the lemon/lime juice. Adjust the chilli sauce and lime juice to suit your taste. Whisk in 2 to 3 tablespoons of warm water until you get the desired consistency of dipping. Garnish with crushed peanuts. Keep aside. If you want, you can use ketchup too for dipping..
- TO ASSEMBLE THE ROLLS: Work with one rice paper at a time. Soften the rice paper sheet according to the instructions on the packet.(The rice paper I used just needed to be dipped in water for about 20 to 25 seconds, and then placed on a towel to drain excess water). You want them soft but still firm and pliable. Place the wet sheet on a flat plate or cutting board Gently place few strips of carrots, bell pepper, cucumbers, a small tablespoon of cilantro and some mint leaves in the center.
- Now, the bring sides over to the center over the filling..
- Next, starting from the bottom, bring up and start rolling..
- Roll up the filled rice paper to form a cylindrical roll; like a burrito. Seal the edges; it will stick as it is moist. You want a fairly tight roll. Don’t worry if they do not look perfect; as you practice, you rolls will start looking better!.
- Continue doing the same with rest of the rice paper sheets. (While you are working with each roll, cover the prepared rolls with a wet cloth or towel). Serve fresh Vietnamese summer rolls with spicy peanut dipping sauce or any hot chilli sauce you have..
- You can make the dipping sauce ahead of time and keep in the refrigerator in a covered container until ready to serve. Adjust the amount of stuffing according to your taste. You can make these ahead of time, but make sure to cover them with a wet cloth or plastic wrap, keeping each of them separate, to prevent them from sticking together and drying out. Have fun using different vegetables for a variety of textures and colors..
If you find this Vietnamese Style Vegetarian Spring Rolls recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.