Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Shortcrust pastry (sweet) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Shortcrust pastry (sweet) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shortcrust pastry (sweet) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing The Right Foods May Help You Stay Fit And Healthy.
One thing that some of you may already recognize is that by consuming the right foods can have a huge effect on your health. One of the foods you ought to be avoiding is any foods you get at a fast food location. You will see that the nutrition in these kinds of is non existent and the unwanted effects will be really bad. That is why we are going to be going over the food items that you should be eating that will have a positive effect on your health.
Everyone likes to have dessert after their meals and if you are one of those men and women you may want to consider some citrus fruit. Most of the nutrition in citrus fruit, including vitamin C, are also necessary for looking after your health. A thing you might want to try for one of your desserts is actually to mix coconut with orange sections and top the mixture off with a teaspoon of honey.
By simply following a few of the suggestions above you will see that you can be living a healthier life. Also if you eliminate all the refined food that you shouldn’t be eating anyway, you might find that you could end up living a longer life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to shortcrust pastry (sweet) recipe. To make shortcrust pastry (sweet) you need 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Shortcrust pastry (sweet):
- Use 375 g of plain flour.
- Get 260 g of unsalted butter softened.
- Take 125 g of caster sugar.
- You need 1 of large egg.
Instructions to make Shortcrust pastry (sweet):
- Put the flour and butter into a large bowl. Rub together until you get crumbs.
- Stir the sugar through the flour and butter mix. Beat the egg and add this too..
- Mix together with a wooden spoon until it starts to combine. Then use your hands to fold it all together into a ball.
- Chill the pastry for at-least 30 minutes before you use it. You can divide up and freeze in smaller quantities to use whenever you need it. It should be ok for up-to a year in the freezer..
- This pastry can be used to make a number of bakes. If you are making tarts with it then you would need to bake for around 20 minutes..
Pat and gently work together to form a ball of dough. Basic shortcrust pastry is the easiest pastry to make, it is a versatile pastry suitable for sweet or savory dishes. Sometimes a sweet shortcrust pastry is needed, especially for desserts and sweet pies as it adds extra flavor and depth. A rich shortcrust pastry recipe is similar to basic shortcrust but has an egg and sugar added to it. To bake blind – to produce a crisp tart shell ready to be filled with wet ingredients – top the pastry-lined tart tin or tins with a piece of non-stick baking paper that extends past the edge of the tin.
If you find this Shortcrust pastry (sweet) recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.