Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Ugly Smoked Sausage Casserole recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Ugly Smoked Sausage Casserole recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ugly Smoked Sausage Casserole recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Will Save You Money.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the surroundings. Those days are over, and it seems we all recognize our role in stopping and conceivably reversing the damage being done to our planet. The experts are agreed that we are not able to transform things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. This should happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become an objective for every individual family. Continue reading for some ways to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
Changing light bulbs is actually as good a place get started on as any. This will certainly go outside of the kitchen, nonetheless that is okay. You really need to upgrade your incandescent lights with energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. Although costing a little more originally, these bulbs last as long as ten of the conventional type as well as using a lot less energy. Changing the light bulbs would certainly keep a great deal of bulbs out of the landfills, which is good. It goes further than merely exchanging the lights, though; turning off lights that aren’t needed is actually another good thing to do. The family spends a lot of time in the cooking area, and how typically does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. And it’s not limited to the kitchen, it goes on in other parts of the house as well. Make a habit of having the lights on only when they are needed, and you’ll be amazed at the amount of electricity you save.
The kitchen by itself gives you many small ways by which energy and money can be saved. It is pretty easy to live green, of course. A lot of it truly is simply utilizing common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to ugly smoked sausage casserole recipe. You can cook ugly smoked sausage casserole using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Ugly Smoked Sausage Casserole:
- Prepare 1 (12 oz) of beef smoked sausage "rope".
- Take 1 (14.5 oz) of can stewed tomatoes.
- You need 1 of large yellow onion.
- You need 2 of small zucchini.
- Use 2 of small to medium yellow squash.
- Get 8 oz of mushrooms (white button or cremini).
- Take 1 stick of butter.
- Provide 1 1/3 cup of yellow corn meal.
- You need 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- Use 1-1 1/2 tsp of salt (start with 1, adjust to taste).
- Use 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
Steps to make Ugly Smoked Sausage Casserole:
- Prep: Cut sausage, zucchini, and yellow squash in half lengthwise, then slice to 1/2"thick slices. Clean and quarter mushrooms. Chop onion to 1/2" pieces. Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Melt butter in a large, deep sided sautée pan over medium heat. Add all ingredients prepped in step 1. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until veggies begin to just soften, stirring often. About 10 minutes..
- Add tomatoes with juices. Use spoon to break up some of the tomato slices into smaller pieces. Stir in water. Simmer 5 more minutes..
- Turn off heat. Combine corn meal and flour in a medium bowl. Add to veggie mixture. Stir to combine. It will look gloppy and pastey. This is good. Lol.
- Press mixture into a greased 9×13" casserole. Bake uncovered 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Let sit 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy..
If you find this Ugly Smoked Sausage Casserole recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.