Vickys Sausages with Mustard Mash & Onion Gravy, GF DF EF SF NF.
Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, vickys sausages with mustard mash & onion gravy, gf df ef sf nf. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Vickys Sausages with Mustard Mash & Onion Gravy, GF DF EF SF NF is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Vickys Sausages with Mustard Mash & Onion Gravy, GF DF EF SF NF is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have vickys sausages with mustard mash & onion gravy, gf df ef sf nf using 13 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Vickys Sausages with Mustard Mash & Onion Gravy, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Prepare 1 of good splash of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 knob of dairy-free spread / butter.
- Take 3 of unpeeled garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of picked thyme leaves.
- Make ready 3 of onions, finely sliced.
- Prepare to taste of salt & pepper.
- Take 1 kg of / 2 lbs starchy potatoes, peeled and halved.
- Prepare 8 of good quality gluten-free pork sausages.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of gluten-free / plain flour.
- Prepare 500 ml of ham stock (Knorr brand is free-from).
- Prepare 100 ml of light coconut milk or alternative.
- Get 50 ml of coconut cream or alternative.
- Prepare 1 tsp of wholegrain mustard or to taste.
Instructions to make Vickys Sausages with Mustard Mash & Onion Gravy, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Preheat oven to gas 6 / 200C / 400°F.
- Put a good splash of oil and a knob of butter into a saucepan and heat on medium. Squash the garlic and when the butter melts add it to the pan with the thyme leaves.
- When the pan starts to sizzle add all of the onions with a pinch of salt and stir around to coat in the flavoured oil.
- Turn heat to low and put a lid on the pan. Leave them to cook for 15 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, put the potatoes in a large pan of salted cold water and let come to the boil, then turn down to a gentle simmer.
- Also put a small roasting tin on the stove top..
- Add a splash of oil then put the sausages in. Brown them on all sides.
- Remove the sausages and put the onions in an even layer on the bottom of the tin, then put the sausages back on top.
- Put in the oven for 25 minutes and when your potatoes are done, start the mash.
- Drain the potatoes and add into the pan the other knob of butter, milk, cream, mustard and season to taste. You may like more mustard. I make this quite mild so the kids won't say it's yucky lol.
- When the sausages and onions are done remove the sausages from the roasting tin but keep them warm in a low oven while you make the gravy.
- Put the roasting tin with the onions in back on the stove top. Pour off any excess fat. Add the flour to the onions and stir in.
- Add the stock then over a high heat let the gravy thicken. Scrape the good sticky bits from the bottom of the tin in, these hold all the flavour. Reduce down until you have a nice thick gravy.
- Serve with the sausages on top of a layer of mash with the gravy poured over and seasonal veg.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food vickys sausages with mustard mash & onion gravy, gf df ef sf nf recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!