Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Chile Relleno Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chile Relleno Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chile Relleno Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about How to Elevate Your Mood with Food.
For the most part, people have been trained to believe that “comfort” foods are terrible for the body and must be avoided. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this holds true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be altogether nutritious and it’s good for you to consume them. There are several foods that actually can boost your moods when you consume them. If you feel a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try some of these.
If you would like to battle depression, you should eat some cold water fish. Wild salmon, herring, mackerel, trout, and tuna are all high in omega-3 fats and DHA. These are two things that really help the grey matter in your brain work a lot better. It’s the truth: consuming tuna fish sandwiches can actually help you overcome your depression.
You can see, you don’t need to eat junk food or foods that are not good for you so you can feel better! Try some of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chile relleno soup recipe. To make chile relleno soup you only need 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chile Relleno Soup:
- Get 5 of poblano peppers.
- You need 1 of small onion.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of lbs. chicken breast, or 3 breasts.
- Provide 2 of gloves garlic.
- You need 1 pkg. of cream cheese.
- You need 1 tsp. of cumin.
- Get 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese, plus extra for topping.
- Take 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Take 1/2 tsp. of ground red pepper.
- Use 1 tsp. of chili powder.
- Provide to taste of salt and pepper.
Instructions to make Chile Relleno Soup:
- Begin by placing peppers on a baking sheet and roasting under broiler in oven on high. Keep an eye on these so they don't burn. You want to rotate a couple of times to give all sides a nice char..
- Once charred, place peppers in a bowl and cover. Allow them to cool. Once cooled, remove skins (as much as possible) by rubbing it off peppers. Remove seeds and place strips of peppers on cutting board to dice up..
- Chop the peppers and onions and have ready for next step. Chop garlic if using fresh. I opted for a jar of preminced garlic. 1 tsp is equivalent to 1 clove..
- Cut chicken into bite size chunks and begin to cook in a little olive oil. Season chicken with cumin, red pepper, chili powder and salt and pepper..
- Once chicken is half cooked, throw in your garlic, onion and peppers. Continue to sauté until chicken is thoroughly cooked..
- Add in chicken broth and bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat to medium low and add in cream cheese (cut into cubes) and 2 cups cheddar cheese..
- Continue stirring softly until all cheeses have fully melted..
- This step is optional but believe me its worth it! Place soup into oven safe glass bowls. Top with cheese and place under broiler in oven until cheese is melted and bubbly. Once again, do not take your eyes off it as they will burn quickly. Enjoy!.
I always order chile rellenos at Mexican restaurants, but always feel like I need a little more protein in my meal. The added chicken in this soup goes great with the spicy poblano chiles. Have you ever tried Chile Relleno? This Mexican dish is one of my faves- a poblano chile pepper stuffed with While recently surfing the net, I came across a variation of this dish- Chile Relleno Soup. If green chile is a huge part of your life, like most New Mexicans, then you'll love this soup variation that includes a little chile relleno action.
If you find this Chile Relleno Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.