Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sausage Gravy Breakfast Casserole (vegetarian) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sausage Gravy Breakfast Casserole (vegetarian) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are suffering from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. Most likely, a lot of people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by making some small changes.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you go to the grocery because it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. As an example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it has. A good healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been proven to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. By putting in fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sausage gravy breakfast casserole (vegetarian) recipe. To cook sausage gravy breakfast casserole (vegetarian) you need 9 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Sausage Gravy Breakfast Casserole (vegetarian):
- Prepare 3 cans of sliced potatoes.
- Use 2 TBS of butter.
- Get 1/4 C of flour.
- Get 4 C of milk.
- Prepare 10 of veggie sausage patties.
- Take 1 can of (of 8) biscuits.
- Prepare 8 of eggs.
- You need 1/8 C of milk.
- Take 2 of +C shredded cheese.
Steps to make Sausage Gravy Breakfast Casserole (vegetarian):
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Fry potatoes with a little oil on med heat until outsides are brown (usually 10-15 min) ** to avoid mushy potatoes, DRY them first! With paper towels, or bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes (or both!).
- Whisk eggs and 1/8C milk in a bowl. (You can use up to 12 eggs if your dish is big enough).
- Over low heat, melt 2 TBS butter in med saucepan, when melted, whisk with flour until little dough-balls form. Add about 4C milk and increase to high heat. Stir frequently, and AS SOON as it boils, drop heat back down to low..
- Meanwhile, microwave veggie sausage patties, just enough to be thawed (If you're using meat sausage – you need to actually cook it first) (or just try the veggie ones. I use morningstar farms for this – no one knows the difference).
- Chop up (or pulse in blender) sausage and add to gravy. Let cook until gravy starts to thicken. Usually 8-10 minutes. Stir often! It will burn on the bottom! I add a good bit of salt and pepper too..
- Grease casserole dish. Put potatoes on the bottom. Layer biscuits on top of potatoes..
- Pour eggs (and make sure they thoroughly soak through to the bottom of the pan) Run a spatula around the edges to make sure eggs even out. Layer with cheese.
- Lastly, pour on sausage gravy!.
- I cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes on, 20 minutes off. (It can take less or longer depending on your pan. I use a deep casserole, glass, 9×13.) Just check the middle to make sure eggs aren't runny..
- Cut into 8 servings-12 servings. Let it cool – the middle will be -ruin your tongue – hot!.
- Note about exploding Pirex! There was a wave of more cheaply made Pirex (or the like) – usually with thinner handles or lighter feel – that is notorious for exploding in your oven. (Google exploding Pirex) Varied ingredient temperatures in layers is definitely a trigger for this! Because this has some pre-cooked/hot layers, I stick my well greased dish in the oven while pre-heating to warm it up first. & I let my potatoes & gravy sit for a minute – stirring to release steam-before adding!.
It will make any Southerner proud! If you are like me and love a hearty breakfast of fluffy buttermilk biscuits and a side of scrambled eggs all smothered with sausage gravy, then this recipe is for you. Looking for hearty vegetarian casserole and pot pie recipes? Even though this recipe calls for Italian sausage, you can make it without for a hearty and veggie-packed casserole that will be just Recipe: Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole. Just skip the last ingredient for a meatless spin and this vegetarian.
If you find this Sausage Gravy Breakfast Casserole (vegetarian) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.