Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Skyler's Honey-Apricot Chicken with Yams recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Skyler's Honey-Apricot Chicken with Yams recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Skyler's Honey-Apricot Chicken with Yams recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that give You Energy.
Ingesting healthy foods can make all the difference in how we feel. We are likely to feel way less gross after we increase our intake of nutritious foods and lower our consumption of processed foods. Eating more vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a slice of pizza. Selecting healthier food choices can be difficult when it’s snack time. Finding snacks that really help us feel better and increase our stamina often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
Healthy foods made from whole grains are excellent for a easy snack. A slice of whole wheat toast, as an example is a great snack in the morning hours. Chips and crackers created from whole grains can be great for quick snacks to eat on the go. Whole grains are generally better than highly processed grains included in white bread.
You can find lots of healthy treats you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s simple to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to skyler's honey-apricot chicken with yams recipe. You can have skyler's honey-apricot chicken with yams using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Skyler's Honey-Apricot Chicken with Yams:
- Prepare of boneless chicken breasts.
- Get of Yam.
- Take of pure honey.
- Take of apricot preserves.
- Prepare of lemon extract.
- Get of butter or margarine, melted.
- Get of brown sugar.
- Get of black pepper.
- Provide of optional.
- Provide of ground hazelnuts.
Steps to make Skyler's Honey-Apricot Chicken with Yams:
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- Cut yam into 1 inch cubes and place in baking dish, making sure to spread out enough to cover the bottom of the pan..
- Place butter or margarine into a small bowl and microwave until melted completely. Remove from microwave and add the lemon extract. Stir and set aside..
- In a larger bowl, combine the honey, apricot preserves, brown sugar, and black pepper. Mix well..
- Pour the melted butter and lemon extract into the bowl of honey-apricot mixture, stirring until well blended..
- Place chicken breasts in the baking dish, on top of the sliced yams..
- Pour half of the sauce over the chicken and yams. Sprinkle ground hazelnuts over the chicken, and sprinkle extra brown sugar over the yams if desired..
- Cover and bake in the oven for 20 minutes..
- Remove from the oven and turn chicken breasts over. Pour the remaining half of the sauce over the chicken and yams, sprinkle more ground hazelnut on the chicken, and then re-cover and bake for an additional 20 minutes..
- Remove chicken from heat, making sure it is fully cooked and the inside is no longer pink. Set aside..
- Increase oven temperature to 400°F and continue cooking just the yams for 20 more minutes..
- Remove from oven and spoon the yams and cooked sauce onto the chicken breasts. Enjoy!.
If you find this Skyler's Honey-Apricot Chicken with Yams recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.