Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Healthy Mapo Eggplant with Tofu recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Healthy Mapo Eggplant with Tofu recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Healthy Mapo Eggplant with Tofu recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that offer You Energy.
We are very mindful that consuming healthy foods can help us feel better in our bodies. Whenever we eat more healthy foods and a smaller amount of the detrimental ones we typically feel much better. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a slice of pizza. Sometimes it’s tough to find wholesome foods for something to eat between meals. You can spend several hours at the supermarket searching for an ideal snack foods to help you feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack.
Certain foods made from whole grains are excellent for a easy snack. Starting your day with a piece of whole grain toasted bread can give you that additional boost you need to get going. When you have to have a fast snack on your way out the door, don’t forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Whole grains are always better than refined grains included in white bread.
A large selection of easy health snacks is easily obtainable. Deciding to live a healthy way of life can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to healthy mapo eggplant with tofu recipe. You can cook healthy mapo eggplant with tofu using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Healthy Mapo Eggplant with Tofu:
- Get of Eggplants.
- Use of Carrot.
- Get of Firm tofu.
- Take of ☆ Japanese leek.
- Use of ☆ Ginger.
- Take of ☆ Garlic.
- You need of to 2 teaspoons ☆ Doubanjiang.
- Take of ☆ Sansho pepper powder (or sansho peppercorns).
- Prepare of ◆ Chicken soup stock granules.
- Get of ◆ Sake.
- Use of ◆Tian mian jiang (Chinese sweet bean paste).
- You need of ◆ Soy sauce.
- Prepare of ◆ Oyster sauce.
- Get of ◆ Boiling water.
- Get of + more to finish Sesame oil.
- Get of Vegetable oil.
- Provide of Soy sauce.
- Take of Katakuriko slurry.
- Provide of Green onions (to finish).
Steps to make Healthy Mapo Eggplant with Tofu:
- Wrap the tofu in paper towels, put on a heatproof dish and microwave for 2 minutes. Drain off the excess moisture completely..
- Cut the eggplant lengthwise into 4 to 8 slices. Soak the slices in water for about 5 minutes then drain well, and pat dry well with paper towels..
- Finely chop the leek, ginger and garlic. Thinly slice the green onion you'll be using as topping too..
- Cut the carrot in half lengthwise, then slice thinly diagonally. Combine the ◆ ingredients together..
- Heat up 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in a wok or frying pan. Add the well drained tofu, and scramble with several cooking chopsticks held together..
- Keep scrambling and stir-frying the tofu over medium heat, until the texture resembles ground meat. Add 1 teaspoon of soy sauce and stir-fry quickly. Remove from the pan..
- Wipe out the pan, add some vegetable oil and heat up again. Add the eggplant and stir-fry over medium heat. When the eggplant is wilted and has started to brown, take it out..
- Heat up the pan again, add all the ☆ ingredients and stir-fry over medium heat. When it's fragrant add the carrot and continue stir-frying..
- When the carrot has wilted, re-add the cooked tofu and eggplant and stir-fry quickly. Add the combined ◆ ingredients and simmer over low heat for about 2 minutes..
- When the sauce has reduced a bit, add some katakuriko dissolved in water to thicken the sauce. Swirl in some sesame oil to finish..
- Transfer to serving plates, top with the green onions and it's done. If you like it more spicy, you can drizzle on some ra-yu spicy sesame oil..
Legend has it that an old woman in Sichuan was known for serving a delicious tofu dish. This woman had one distinguishing physical characteristic: pock marks covered her face. Mapo tofu is one of the top ten famous Chinese dishes and enjoys a high popularity among not only Chinese people but also many western countries. At the very beginning, Mapo tofu is named after its creator. It is recorded that there is a couple who own a restaurant mainly selling vegetarian dishes.
If you find this Healthy Mapo Eggplant with Tofu recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.