Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Acorn squash and onion casserole recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Acorn squash and onion casserole recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets require much work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by making a few simple changes.
Initially, you should be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your cart that you don’t want to eat. For instance, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? A great healthy option can be porridge oats which have been proven to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. By putting in fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to acorn squash and onion casserole recipe. To cook acorn squash and onion casserole you only need 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Acorn squash and onion casserole:
- Prepare 3 of medium sized acorn squash.
- Take 8 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Take 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Get 1 of medium sized yellow bell pepper.
- Take 1 of medium sized red bell pepper 3 large onions.
- You need 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of celery salt.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of ground sage.
- Use 1 tablespoon of ground cumin.
Steps to make Acorn squash and onion casserole:
- Preheat oven 400° Fahrenheit.
- Remove skin if needed from squash. If the squash is easy to cut in half leave the skin on..
- Cut in half and remove seeds.
- Dice the squash. If it was hard to cut in half and seeds are removed, bake cut side down 25 minutes. Let cool a bit and scoop out from the skin..
- Chop the onions coarsely. Heat oil chop the peppers up.
- Add onions and peppers to hot oil.
- Add the spices.
- Let them sauté for 20 minutes covered. Add the squash. If pre cooked in oven then reduce the next cooking time to 10 minutes..
- After the squash is tender around 25 minutes covered add parmesan cheese.
- Cover with mozzarella.
- Bake in oven 25 minutes serve I hope you enjoy!.
Warm Caramelized Acorn Squash and Onion Salad. Add easy fall flavors to any meal by making this quick acorn squash salad. The squash and onions are roasted before being served on a bed of greens, so they'll have a delicious, caramelized taste. Scoop out the squash and put in a large bowl. Drain any liquid remaining in the casserole dish.
If you find this Acorn squash and onion casserole recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.