Leftover Thanksgiving Gumbo!. How to make authentic Louisiana Gumbo. Turkey Noodle Casserole Recipe – Thanksgiving Leftover Turkey Special. In honor of Thanksgiving, here's Sara's take on turkey gumbo.
Gumbo is a great way to use leftover turkey. If you're looking for a way to use that leftover Thanksgiving turkey, look no further! These inventive, easy Thanksgiving leftover recipes will clear your fridge fast!
Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, leftover thanksgiving gumbo!. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
How to make authentic Louisiana Gumbo. Turkey Noodle Casserole Recipe – Thanksgiving Leftover Turkey Special. In honor of Thanksgiving, here's Sara's take on turkey gumbo.
Leftover Thanksgiving Gumbo! is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Leftover Thanksgiving Gumbo! is something which I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook leftover thanksgiving gumbo! using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Leftover Thanksgiving Gumbo!:
- Make ready of Leftover Turkey.
- Prepare of Leftover Ham.
- Prepare of Leftover cornbread dressing.
- Prepare of Leftover Turkey gravy.
- Get 2 of mashed sweet potatoes.
- Make ready 1 of onion.
- Make ready 3 of celery.
- Take 1 of jalapeno.
- Get 6 of large cloves garlic.
- Prepare 4 of knorr chicken bouillon cubes.
- Get 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cajun seasoning.
- Take to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare of For roux.
- Get 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- Make ready 2 cups of vegetable or corn oil.
This gumbo completely reinvents your turkey leftovers into this New Orleans crossover dish. Wendy's Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey & Saugage Gumbo Recipe. My family takes a lot of pride in cooking Cajun food from scratch, so making a gumbo can be a day-long event. Most people feel pretty passionately about their holiday food and these feelings are often extended—and even amplified—when it comes to the leftovers.
Instructions to make Leftover Thanksgiving Gumbo!:
- Mince all vegetables, set aside. Remove fatty parts from ham and cut into 1 inch pieces. Heat butter in skillet and sear ham. Drain if ham releases a lot of fat and return to skillet. Add 2 cups of water and scrape sear from bottom of the pan. Reduce to lowest heat setting and allow to slowly simmer while you prepare the rest of the gumbo..
- Have a few quarts of water set to side of stove (you will need it when roux is done). In a Dutch oven use medium setting to heat oil. Test for readiness by dropping a pinch of flour into pot, if it sizzles, it's ready. Add flour one cup at a time and whisk until all is incorporated. Lower heat to medium low (I set mine on 3 or 4) and CONSTANTLY stir with metal or wooden spatula until roux is the color of chocolate. This takes 20 to 30 minutes. I pull up a bar stool, have a seat and stir :).
- When roux is ready add your vegetables and continue to stir for a few minutes more until roux is shiny and smooth. Add water that was set aside and stir..
- Add leftover gravy and stir.
- Add ham and water it's been simmering in..
- Add mashed sweet potatoes and stir..
- Fill pot with water until about 3/4 full. Add all of your seasonings and slowly bring to boil stirring occasionally. Lower heat and simmer 30 minutes..
- Add Turkey and cook another 10 minutes.
- Serve with leftover cornbread dressing.
Skip the boring next-day sandwiches and make chef David Slater's hearty turkey gumbo instead. How to carve a turkey like a pro on Thanksgiving. My favorite way to use leftover turkey. Must give credit where due.this is my modification to one of Emeril's recipes – his was to boil a turkey specifically for gumbo – mine is to use up those leftovers! After Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner, using leftover turkey to make gumbo is a Louisiana holiday Zatarain's Gumbo Mix with Rice makes it easy to introduce this beloved tradition to your home.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food leftover thanksgiving gumbo! recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!