Banga and Afang soups. Five cups of Pounded afang vegetables (I didn't really pound much but you can, can even blend a little if you want. What I did is shred again and again instead of pounding because I didn't want the soup colour to turn green, Lol). Banga soup is native to the Deltans but also loved and enjoyed by edo people and other niger delta Required Ingredients For banga Soup.
How to Cook Afang Soup with dry afang leaves Afang Soup is the Nigerian soup prepared with the wild leaves known as Okazi. If you need a leafy nutritious soup, then you should go with Afang Soup.
Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, banga and afang soups. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Five cups of Pounded afang vegetables (I didn't really pound much but you can, can even blend a little if you want. What I did is shred again and again instead of pounding because I didn't want the soup colour to turn green, Lol). Banga soup is native to the Deltans but also loved and enjoyed by edo people and other niger delta Required Ingredients For banga Soup.
Banga and Afang soups is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Banga and Afang soups is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook banga and afang soups using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Banga and Afang soups:
- Prepare of Afang/Okazi leave.
- Take of Waterleaves.
- Prepare of Meat, dryfish, stockfish.
- Make ready of Shelled perewinkle.
- Take of Onions,.
- Get of Palm oil.
- Get cubes of Cryfish, pepper, salt, seasoning.
The Nigerian Afang Soup, like the Edikang Ikong soup, is native to the Efiks, people of Akwa Ibom and Cross River states of Nigeria but enjoyed. Afang Soup is a nutritious soup made with Afang leaves/Okazi leaves,water leaves&assorted meat. Learn how to cook this Rich soup. Afang soup is one of the richest and somewhat medicinal vegetable soups of the Efiks/Ibibios in Nigeria.
Steps to make Banga and Afang soups:
- Wash meat, dry fish and stockfish, chop onions, blend fresh pepper, cut the bottom of the shelled perewinkle, wash clean and parboil, set them aside.
- Boil meat with onions and pepper, salt and seasoning, add the stockfish and allow to cook well then set aside..
- Wash waterleaves very clean, and set on the fire for it to boil and dry it's water off, pound afang leave till its looking tiny in pieces, when the water is dry out the meat stock, crayfish, pepper, seasoning and allow to cook, when it boils out, add the meat and every other protein and the perewinkle then add palm oil, cover and allow to boil..
- After some time, add the pounded afang, stir to mix properly and bring down from fire..
- Serve with any prefered swallow.
The Igbos' have a similar soup known as Okazi soup. Afang is a traditional soup hailing from the southeastern parts of Nigeria. It's made with a combination of afang leaves, water leaves, dried fish The afang leaves are ground or pounded and the onions are chopped before the beef is boiled with the onions and seasoning cubes in a small quantity of water. How to cook Banga soup the Delta way. Banga soup is an extremely popular southern Nigeria soup made with Palm nut extract.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food banga and afang soups recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!