Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Ropa vieja (chicken leftovers recipe) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Ropa vieja (chicken leftovers recipe) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ropa vieja (chicken leftovers recipe) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Turn to Food to Improve Your Mood.
In general, people have been taught to think that “comfort” foods are bad for the body and should be avoided. Sometimes, if the comfort food is a high sugar food or another junk food, this holds true. Otherwise, comfort foods may be extremely nourishing and good for you. There are some foods that, when you consume them, can better your mood. If you feel a little bit down and you’re in need of a happiness pick me up, try a couple of these.
Eggs, believe it or not, can be truly great at dealing with depression. Just make sure that you don’t throw away the yolk. When you would like to cheer yourself up, the egg yolk is the most important part of the egg. Eggs, the egg yolks particularly, are high in B vitamins. B vitamins can genuinely help you elevate your mood. This is because the B vitamins help your neural transmitters–the parts of your brain that dictate your mood–function better. Consume an egg and feel better!
So you see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are not good for you to feel better! Try a couple of of these hints instead.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to ropa vieja (chicken leftovers recipe) recipe. To make ropa vieja (chicken leftovers recipe) you need 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Ropa vieja (chicken leftovers recipe):
- Take 1 of plate of leftovers.
- You need 2 of onions.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- Take 1 tsp. of cumin seeds.
- Use 1 of jar chick peas.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- You need 1 of few sprigs fresh coriander.
Instructions to make Ropa vieja (chicken leftovers recipe):
- Cut the leftovers into small pieces.
- Chop the onions. Heat the olive oil and add the cumin seeds. Fry over a gentle heat for a minute and add the onions and the cloves of garlic (whole and unpeeled). Drain the chickpeas and keep some of the brine. When the onion is nice and soft add the chickpeas to the pan, turn up the heat and stir well for five minutes..
- Add your leftovers.
- Add the tomato puree to the brine to make it more liquidy and add the sugar. Stir. Add to the pan and stir well. Cook over a moderate to high heat for another 10 minutes. As it browns and starts to stick to the pan, move it around with a spatula so that it gets evenly cooked. Try for seasoning – you might want to add pepper but shouldn't need salt because of having used the brine..
- Serve with chopped fresh coriander (or parsley). Enjoy!!.
Traditionally, Ropa Vieja or Carne Desmechada is made with beef, but I made this recipe with chicken and come to find out, it's just as tasty as the traditional version. Served over rice with tajadas de maduro, it's an excellent dish that the whole family will love. If you have leftover rotisserie chicken, you can use that instead and skip the slow cooker! Cuban cuisine is a favorite of mine and Ropa Vieja, which translates as "old clothes" is a dish I love. It's traditionally made with shredded skirt steak, and served over white rice and fried plantains.
If you find this Ropa vieja (chicken leftovers recipe) recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.