Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Ropa Vieja recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Ropa Vieja recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ropa Vieja recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better.
Mostly, people have been taught to think that “comfort” foods are terrible for the body and need to be avoided. Sometimes, if your comfort food is basically candy or other junk foods, this is true. Otherwise, comfort foods could be super nourishing and good for you. There are a number of foods that basically can boost your moods when you eat them. If you seem to be a little bit down and in need of an emotional pick me up, try a number of these.
Your mood can really be helped by green tea. You just knew it had to be included in this article, right? Green tea is loaded with a particular amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Research has discovered that this amino acid stimulates the production of brain waves. This helps better your mental acuity while relaxing the rest of your body. You already knew green tea could help you become better. Now you know that green tea can improve your mood too!
Now you know that junk food isn’t necessarily what you should eat when you wish to help your moods get better. Try some of these tips instead.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to ropa vieja recipe. To cook ropa vieja you only need 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Ropa Vieja:
- Use 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 lb of Beef flank steak.
- Provide 1 cup of Beef broth.
- Get 1 can of 8 ounce of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 small of Onion.
- You need 1 of Green bell pepper cut in thin slices.
- Get 4 clove of Garlic chopped.
- You need 1 can of 6 oz tomato paste.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground cumin.
- Use 1 tsp of Chopped fresh cilantro.
- Take 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
Steps to make Ropa Vieja:
- Directions Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the flank steak on each side, about 4 minutes per side..
- Transfer beef to a slow cooker. Pour in the beef broth and tomato sauce, then add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, tomato paste, cumin, cilantro, olive oil and vinegar. Stir until well blended. Cover, and cook on High for 4 hours, or on Low for up to 10 hours. When ready to serve, shred meat and serve with white rice..
Ropa vieja, Spanish for "old clothes," is a popular dish of the Canary Islands and Cuba. The original recipe consists of a dish made with leftovers from the cocido. In the Americas, it is a shredded flank. Ropa Vieja is traditionally made with flank steak – a very flavorful cut of beef. The Ropa Vieja sauce is complemented by the addition of anchovies and green olives – giving the finished dish a briny zesty.
If you find this Ropa Vieja recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.