Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Double pie crust recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Double pie crust recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Making the decision to eat healthily has marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are dealing with health problems such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a healthier lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all likelihood, most people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing a couple of small changes.
You can obtain results without eliminating foods from your diet or make considerable changes right away. If you would like to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to see to it that you are making more healthy eating choices. Sooner or later, you will discover that you actually prefer to consume healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. Over time, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will entirely replace the way you ate in the past.
As you can see, it’s not at all difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to double pie crust recipe. To cook double pie crust you need 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Double pie crust:
- Prepare 1 c of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Take 2/3 c of butter flavored Crisco.
- Take 1/4 c of flour.
- Take 4 Tbsp of water.
- Get 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
Instructions to make Double pie crust:
- Blend 1 cup of flour & salt.
- Using a butter knife, cut Crisco into the salt & flour until mixture is crumbly.
- In a separate bowl mix 1/4 c flour with water & vinegar, stir with a fork till smooth.
- Add the wet mixture to the crumbles, using a hand to gently toss the mixture together till it all sticks together.
- Do not knead! Form into a ball, the mixture should not stick to your hands too much, or be too dry that it falls apart.
- If too dry add a tsp of water 1 at a time till it all sticks together.
- If too wet add a Tbsp flour 1 at a time to mixture till it forms a ball and all sticks together.
- Separate into 2 halves.
- Using a generously floured surface roll each ball into 1 crust.
This can help keep juices from coming out of the pie, though a little bit might. If a pie crust is still flaky the next day, then I consider it a great pie crust. I did use lard since family members are allergic to soy based shortenings. Martha Stewart Living – Place flour and salt in a food processor. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal with some blueberry-size clumps.
If you find this Double pie crust recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.