Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Vickys Sweet Potato Pie, GF DF EF SF NF recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Vickys Sweet Potato Pie, GF DF EF SF NF recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vickys Sweet Potato Pie, GF DF EF SF NF recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips For Living Green And Spending less Within the Kitchen.
Remember when the only individuals who cared about the environment were tree huggers and hippies? That has completely changed now, since we all apparently have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. According to the specialists, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some improvements. This should happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become a goal for every individual family. Continue reading for some approaches to go green and save energy, generally in the kitchen.
Maybe the food is not quite as good when cooked in the microwave, but it will save you money to use it over your oven. The energy used by cooking in an oven is greater by 75%, and maybe this small bit of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. When it relates to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save a lot of energy and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. You might reckon that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, nonetheless that is not true. You get the maximum energy savings by totally loading the dishwasher ahead of commencing a wash cycle. Don’t dry the dishes using heat, utilize the cool dry or air dry features to increase the money you save.
The kitchen on its own offers you many small ways by which energy and money can be saved. Environmentally friendly living just isn’t that tough. Largely, all it will take is a bit of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vickys sweet potato pie, gf df ef sf nf recipe. You can have vickys sweet potato pie, gf df ef sf nf using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Vickys Sweet Potato Pie, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Provide of filling.
- Provide 520 grams (18 ounces) of cooked and mashed sweet potato.
- Get 240 ml (1 cup) of coconut milk.
- Take 120 ml (1/2 cup) of or to taste maple syrup.
- Take 3 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Use 35 grams of (4 level tbsp) cornflour / cornstarch.
- Take 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Get 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Take 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1/4 tsp of mixed spice, see my recipe link below.
- Use 1/4 tsp of ground clove.
- Use 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Provide 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of PIE CRUST *gluten free link below.
- Get 100 grams (1 cup) of less 1 tbsp) plain flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Use 80 ml (1/3 cup) of vegetable oil.
- Get 1 1/2 tbsp of rice, almond or coconut milk OR cold water.
Steps to make Vickys Sweet Potato Pie, GF DF EF SF NF:
- To make the crust, mix the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add the wet and rub in with your fingertips.
- Bring the dough together then press into a 9 inch fluted tin. Refrigerate for half an hour *gluten free pastry recipe below* https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/332957-vickys-sweet-savoury-shortcrust-pastry-gf-df-ef-sf-nf.
- Mix all the filling ingredients together then pour into the unbaked pie shell https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/359496-vickys-sweet-mixed-spice-for-baked-goods.
- Bake at gas 6 / 200C / 400°F for 50 – 60 minutes.
- Serve warm with dairy-free cream / ice cream and toasted marshmallows, or cold with a beverage! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/332956-vickys-vanilla-ice-cream-with-flavour-variations-gf-df-ef-sf-nf.
- You can substitute the sweet potato for pumpkin…OR.
- Using the same recipe but changing the amount of corn flour to 3 tbsp, adding 2 tsp baking powder and 80g (2/3 cup) flour / gluten-free flour. Grease a pie or 12 hole muffin tin and bake the mixture at the same temp for the same amount of time. This pie forms its own soft crust! Just make sure it's completely cooled before removing. And a toothpick test won't work – when it's ready the middle will feel moist but done but the outside will be dry. Check around 50 minutes then keep an eye on it.
If you find this Vickys Sweet Potato Pie, GF DF EF SF NF recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.