Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vietnamese Pickled Mustard Greens (Mom’s style) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vietnamese Pickled Mustard Greens (Mom’s style) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who are dealing with health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make a few small changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. If you currently are eating lots of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being picked at the right time.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vietnamese pickled mustard greens (mom’s style) recipe. To make vietnamese pickled mustard greens (mom’s style) you only need 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Vietnamese Pickled Mustard Greens (Mom’s style):
- Prepare 1 kg of Asian mustard greens.
- You need 100 g of shallots.
- Get 50 g of ginger.
- Use 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Use 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- Take 1 cup of rice water.
Steps to make Vietnamese Pickled Mustard Greens (Mom’s style):
- Wash the mustard greens well then dry them in the sun until shrunk..
- Cut the greens into 2 cm pieces..
- Thinly slice shallots and ginger. The trick is the more shallots the faster it turns sour. Shallots can be replaced by spring onions (scallions)..
- Mix sugar, salt, shallots and ginger into the mustard greens..
- Pour the rice water and warm boiling water into a large bowl. According to my mom, using rice water to pickle mustard greens can make the greens turn yellow and sour more quickly..
- Put the mustard greens into the warm water bowl..
- Use a bamboo knitting sheet to compress and pebbles on top to weight down the greens in order to make them crunchy and not absorb the water. In 1992, Mom visited HCMC and my whole family had a trip to Vung Tau. While swimming in the sea, Mom saw some beautiful big smooth pebbles. She, then, took some saying, "these are perfect for compressing the mustard greens when we pickle them. Then she wrapped some pebbles and took them back to Son Tay and I also took 2. Here they are..
- The mustard greens are edible after 24 hours but they are still spicy. However, they will be aromatic, yellow and sour after 48 hours. Boiled pork is wonderful to be paired with mustard greens..
- After 3 days, we can use these pickled mustard greens to cook soup with pork spare ribs, fish or it will be awesome to stir-fry with eggs to serve with hot rice..
I actually grew up eating more of the pickled mustard because But cải chua is not just a Vietnamese thing. The spicy and sour flavor works well with almost any rich and hearty dish, such as fried fish, grilled. Dưa Cải Chua (Pickled Mustard Greens). What's a woman to do on a This Dưa Cải Chua is simpler to prepare than you may imagine. It's a Vietnamese staple and should The main ingredients to ferment the mustard greens are just salt, sugar and the omnipotent sunlight.
If you find this Vietnamese Pickled Mustard Greens (Mom’s style) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.