Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Chocolate Haupia pie recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chocolate Haupia pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chocolate Haupia pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Learn How to Boost Your Mood with Food.
For the most part, people have been trained to believe that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and need to be avoided. Often, if the comfort food is a high sugar food or another junk food, this is very true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be perfectly nourishing and good for us to consume. There are some foods that actually can raise your moods when you consume them. If you feel a little bit down and you need a happiness pick me up, try some of these.
Make a trail mix out of seeds and/or nuts. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etcetera are all great for helping to boost your mood. This is possible because these foods have a bunch of magnesium which promotes your production of serotonin. Serotonin is known as the “feel good” substance that our body produces and it tells your brain how you should be feeling day in and day out. The more serotonin you have, the more pleasant you are going to feel. Not just that, nuts, particularly, are a fantastic protein food source.
Now you realize that junk food isn’t necessarily what you should eat when you wish to help your moods get better. Try a few of these hints instead.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chocolate haupia pie recipe. To make chocolate haupia pie you only need 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Chocolate Haupia pie:
- Take 12 of individual graham cracker pie shells.
- Get of Coconut milk (14 oz can).
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- Get 1 cup of sugar.
- Get 1 tbsp of coconut extract.
- Get 7/8 cup of Dutch chocolate.
- Take 1/2 cup of cornstarch.
- Take of Whipped cream.
- Get 1/2 cup of Shredded coconut.
- You need 1 cup of water.
Steps to make Chocolate Haupia pie:
- Dissolve cornstarch in water. Heat 14 ounces of coconut milk, milk, sugar, extract and shredded coconut in a sauce pan to a boil. Gradually add cornstarch mixture to the pan, stirring with a whisk until thickened. Remove from stove and cool..
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or in a microwave. Pour half of the coconut filling into a bowl. Add the melted chocolate to the pan with the remaining filling. Let the filling cool before assembling the layered pie..
- Evenly portion the chocolate coconut filling in the bottom of the 12 pie shells for the bottom layer. Spoon the coconut filling on top of the chocolate coconut filling..
- Garnish each pie with whipped cream..
- Enjoy, this is a luxurious Hawaiian specialty!.
Chocolate haupia pie is a Hawaiian dessert favorite. Haupia pie is a no-bake cream pie made with coconut milk. Half of the custard is layered into a flakey pie crust that has been baked and cooled. The remaining custard is mixed with chocolate and poured on top. The pie is chilled and then topped with stabilized whipped cream.
If you find this Chocolate Haupia pie recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.