Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Crockpot Split Pea Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Crockpot Split Pea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Crockpot Split Pea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Use Food to Boost Your Mood.
Most of us believe that comfort foods are bad for us and that we have to stay away from them. Often, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this holds true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be completely nourishing and it’s good for you to consume them. Several foods honestly do improve your mood when you consume them. When you are feeling a little down and need an emotional pick-me-up, try a couple of these.
Cold water fish are great if you wish to feel better. Salmon, herring, tuna, mackerel, trout, and so on, they’re all loaded with omega-3 fatty acids and DHA. Omega-3 fatty acids and DHA are two things that raise the quality and the function of your brain’s grey matter. It’s true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can seriously raise your mood.
Now you realize that junk food isn’t necessarily what you need to eat when you wish to help your moods get better. Try these tips instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to crockpot split pea soup recipe. To cook crockpot split pea soup you need 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Crockpot Split Pea Soup:
- Prepare 2 cup of dried green split peas.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- Provide 2 of carrots, sliced.
- Provide 2 of stalks of celery, sliced.
- Get 1 tsp of salt.
- Take 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Get 2 large of ham hocks.
- Provide 2 quart of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of mashed potatoes, opt.
Instructions to make Crockpot Split Pea Soup:
- Wash and sort split peas..
- Add everything to crockpot except for mashed potatoes..
- Cook on low for six to eight hours..
- When veggies are tender, take out ham hocks, remove meat, and add meat to soup. Add mashed potatoes to soup to thicken. If you do not have mashed potatoes, you can puree two cups of soup when warm..
Delicious crock pot recipes for Pot Roast, Pork, Chicken, soups and desserts! Welcome to our site dedicated to all things slow cooking! Try this Crockpot Split Pea Soup recipe, or contribute your own. Combine all ingredients in slow-cooking pot. This is the only way that I will make my pea soup anymore its really good , I serve it with hot corn bread.yummy.
If you find this Crockpot Split Pea Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.