Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better.
For the most part, people have been taught to think that “comfort” foods are bad for the body and need to be avoided. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this can be true. Other times, comfort foods can be very nourishing and good for us to eat. There are several foods that basically can raise your moods when you consume them. If you are feeling a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try several of these.
It’s not hard to drive away your bad mood when you are eating grains. Barley, quinoa, millet, teff, etc are all wonderful for helping you be in a happier state of mind. These foods fill you up better and that can help you with your moods as well. Feeling famished can be a real downer! The reason these grains are so wonderful for your mood is that they are easy for your stomach to digest. They are simpler to digest than other foods which helps bring up your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, raises your mood.
As you can see, you don’t need to eat all that junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Try a couple of of these suggestions instead.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to slow cooker split pea soup recipe. To cook slow cooker split pea soup you only need 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup:
- Get 1 package (16 ounces) of dried green split peas, rinsed.
- Take 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Take 1 1/2 Cups of chopped carrots.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Take 1 teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of dried rosemary, crushed.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- Provide 1 carton (32 ounces) of reduced-sodium chicken broth.
- Provide 3 cups of water.
- Use 2 cups of cubed fully cooked ham steaks.
- Take 2-3 of Bay Leaves.
Steps to make Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup:
- Mix all ingredients, except the ham, the water & stock, and the bay leaves, into the slow cooker..
- Add the ham and water & stock into the pot, stir everything together..
- Finally, place the bay leaves into the pot..
- Put the lid on the slow cooker, set the temperature on low, and cook for 8 hours..
Something magical happens when dried split peas break down into a thick, naturally creamy, and delicious soup over several hours in the slow cooker. Here, all you do is lay down a layer of dried slit peas in your crockpot's insert, then add a layer of diced carrot, celery, and yellow onion, with some. Slow-cooking the peas gives it the same velvety texture, and the bay leaf and vegetables keep the flavors traditional. Serving it with croutons adds an extra treat. Split pea is one of my favorite soups, and I was pleasantly surprised that I also didn't miss the flavor smoked meats usually add.
If you find this Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.