Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Harvest Spice Bread (or Muffins) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Harvest Spice Bread (or Muffins) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Harvest Spice Bread (or Muffins) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Making the decision to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is one factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. In all probability, a lot of people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by making a few simple changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food since you probably buy a lot of food items out of habit. For example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it has. One healthy option that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. If this is not to your liking on its own, try adding fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to harvest spice bread (or muffins) recipe. To make harvest spice bread (or muffins) you only need 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Harvest Spice Bread (or Muffins):
- Take 1 3/4 cups of all purpose flour.
- Provide 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- Get 3/4 tsp. of salt.
- Take 2 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- Get 1/4 tsp. of ground nutmeg.
- Get 1/4 tsp. of ground cloves.
- Provide 1/4 tsp. of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- You need 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Get 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Get 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree.
- Prepare 1 of heaping cup peeled and shredded apple.
- Use 3/4 cup of peeled and freshly shredded carrot.
- Provide 2 tbsp. of milk.
- Use 1 cup of chopped walnuts.
- Get of Rolled oats, for topping (optional).
Instructions to make Harvest Spice Bread (or Muffins):
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5" loaf pan and set it aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger until combined, then set that aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, milk and pumpkin. Then whisk in the shredded apple and carrot. Pour the wet batter into the dry and fold together until it's just combined, then fold in the walnuts..
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and top with oats if you'd like. Bake for 50-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out mostly clean. If you notice the bread is browning quickly, then tent some foil loosely over the top halfway through baking time. Let it cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack, before removing the loaf and slicing it. Leftover bread can be stored in the fridge for a week or so..
- For Muffins: Grease a 12 count muffin tin instead of a loaf pan and pour the batter to the top of each tin. Initially, preheat the oven to 425°F. Bake the muffins for 5 minutes, then keep them in the oven and lower the temperature to 350°F and bake for an additional 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let them cool in the pan for 5 or so minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely..
- For Mini-Loaves (as pictured): Grease the mini-loaf pans rather than the large one. Bake at 350°F for 33-38 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out mostly clean. Place the mini loaf pans onto a wire rack to cool completely..
In a large bowl, stir together the oil, sugar, molasses, eggs, and pumpkin. Stir in the starter and vanilla. Cool the muffins for a few minutes in the pan, then serve warm with softened butter. These muffins taste best when served right out of the oven but can be frozen in an airtight container or sealable plastic bag for up to three months. It doesn't get much easier than this seasonal muffin recipe. "Pumpkin spice muffins get a double dose of chocolaty indulgence with the addition of cocoa powder and chocolate chips," says recipe creator Tammy Lynn. "It only takes one bowl and no mixer to whip these up for a sweet breakfast treat or an afternoon chocolate fix." Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
If you find this Harvest Spice Bread (or Muffins) recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.