Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Taisen's Ham Bean and Potatoe Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Taisen's Ham Bean and Potatoe Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Discover How to Improve Your Mood with Food.
Most of us believe that comfort foods are not good for us and that we should stay away from them. Often, if your comfort food is essentially candy or other junk foods, this can be true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be totally nutritious and it’s good for you to consume them. Several foods honestly do boost your mood when you consume them. If you feel a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try several of these.
Green tea is truly good for your mood. You were simply anticipating to read that here, weren’t you? Green tea is rich in an amino acid called L-theanine. Studies have discovered that this amino acid basically stimulates brain waves. This will better your brain’s focus while at the same calming the rest of your body. You likely already knew it is not hard to be healthy when you drink green tea. Now you know it can help raise your mood also!
You can see, you don’t have to turn to junk food or foods that are not good for you just so to feel better! Try some of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to taisen's ham bean and potatoe soup recipe. To make taisen's ham bean and potatoe soup you need 13 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Taisen's Ham Bean and Potatoe Soup:
- Take 1 of left over ham with or without bone. up to you.
- Prepare 1 of to 2 cans of pinto beans.
- Use 1 of to 2 cans northern beans.
- Prepare 2 of or 3 cans of potatoes ( whole ones cut up into smaller size ) , fresh potatoes 4 to 5 large peeled and cut into smaller pieces.
- Take 1 of ham stock or left over juice from cooking the ham the day before. ( we made a ham last night and saved all the juices to use in the soup ).
- Get 1 of beef bullion cube.
- Take 1 of onion or onion powder.
- Provide 1 of garlic powder or fresh garlic minced ( about 4 to 5 cloves ).
- Get 1 of pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 of milk.
- Take 1 of flour.
- Provide 1 of honey and/or pancake syrup ( optional for a little sweetness ).
- Use 1 of beef or vegetable stock if needed for more liquid ( optional ).
Steps to make Taisen's Ham Bean and Potatoe Soup:
- Pull off as much of the ham that you can. Put that into a big pot or other slow cooker..
- Add in drained beans to the ham you took off the bone..
- Using water add in about 3 to 4 beef bouillon cubes. Boil and dissolve. Add to the meat and beans. About 2 to 3 cups..
- Using the left over ham on the bone, put that in a saucepan with the juices from the leftover ham. Add in a little water if needed and add beef bouillon cubes. About 2 or 3..
- If you are using ham that hasn't been used yet, you can do the same thing except for adding in juices. You can also skip this and just cut up the ham into pieces. Adding flavor later..
- Let the ham cook down. Let it start falling off the bone. Once that happens you are ready to pull that out. You can get more of the meat off at this point..
- Remove the ham and bone from the liquid, pull off any extra meat and add to the pot. You can start adding more of that liquid into the pot as well..
- Mince garlic or use garlic powder. Add in. Add in all seasonings and put a lid on the pot after stirring..
- Peel potatoes or open canned. If your using potatoes from a can drain, and cut into half, leave whole or cut into smaller pieces. Fresh, peel rinse and cut into desired size..
- You can add the rinsed potatoes into the pot or you can boil them separately just to get them a little softer before adding in. I boil mine just a bit, not all the way and then drain and add. Do NOT rinse. The starch helps thicken the soup..
- If needed, put flour and milk in a bowl. Get the lumps out. Take some of the liquid from the pot and put into a small saucepan. Stir in the milk and flour combination slowly. Then as that thickens, add this slowly to the soup..
- Taste taste taste !!!! Add whatever is needed. I only use salt (very little because ham is salty), pepper, garlic and onion or onion powder..
- Let the soup cook until the potatoes are fully soft or just a bit firm if you prefer..
- I always use ham that is from the night before. When I heat up my ham, I add in a little butter, brown sugar, syrup and honey. I spoon over the juices on top of the ham while heating. Same as basting a turkey. You can add any of these to the soup for a bit of sweetness..
- Serve with warm rolls or butter bread. Enjoy !.
Add garlic, onion, carrots and potato. Stir in ham stock, beans, corn. Nana's Epic Navy Bean Ham Bone Soup Recipe: A simple, yet utterly tempting, ham and bean soup recipe is a great way to use your leftover holiday ham bone. Got a ham bone on leftover from the holidays? Put it to good use in this comforting slow-cooker soup.
If you find this Taisen's Ham Bean and Potatoe Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.