Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Vegetable ham stew recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Vegetable ham stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegetable ham stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make You Happy.
In general, people have been taught to believe that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and should be avoided. At times, if the comfort food is a high sugar food or some other junk food, this holds true. At times, comfort foods can be perfectly healthy and good for us to consume. There are some foods that actually can improve your moods when you eat them. If you are feeling a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try some of these.
Make a trail mix from seeds and/or nuts. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etc are all terrific for helping to raise your mood. This is possible because these foods are high in magnesium which promotes serotonin production. Serotonin is a feel-good chemical that dictates to the brain how to feel at any given time. The more serotonin in your brain, the better you’ll feel. Not only that, nuts, particularly, are a great protein food source.
You can see, you don’t need to eat junk food or foods that are not good for you to feel better! Try a few of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vegetable ham stew recipe. To cook vegetable ham stew you only need 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Vegetable ham stew:
- Prepare 1 of meaty ham bone.
- Use of crockpot.
- Get 6 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 of beef bouillon cubes.
- Provide 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1/2 head of red cabbage.
- You need 1 cup of sliced carrots.
- You need 6 of mushrooms (quartered).
- You need 3 of green onions.
- Take 1 of yellow squash.
- Prepare 2 cup of frozen french cut green beans.
- You need 1 cup of fresh frozen peas.
- Provide 1 tsp of garlic salt (optional).
- Get 1 tsp of sage.
- Use 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of basil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cloves.
- You need 1 large of bay leaf.
Instructions to make Vegetable ham stew:
- Remove skin, ligaments, and fat from the meaty ham bone..
- Boil/simmer bone until meat falls off (~1 hr.).
- Remove and reserve meat. For low fat version discard liquid, otherwise skim fat and reserve liquid..
- Add bouillon cubes and water or reserved liquid to crockpot..
- Add tomato paste to crockpot and stir..
- Add ham to crockpot.
- Coarsely chop vegetables and add to crockpot..
- Add water to cover contents..
- Add spices, stir, cover and cook on low ~6 hours or until carrots are done..
All those healthy vegetables and a perfect spice combination result in a very satisfying stew that tastes even better the next day. I probably shouldn't have used red cabbage however because the entire meal turned an. Combine ham bone, potatoes, onion, sweet peas, ham, carrots, and celery in a large pot; pour in enough water to cover all ingredients. Pour in coconut and season with salt and pepper. Add to stew, along with wine.
If you find this Vegetable ham stew recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.