Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Barley Stew w/Smoked Chicken Sausage recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Barley Stew w/Smoked Chicken Sausage recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Choosing to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a number of diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Even though we’re constantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most people typically assume that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, however, simply making a couple of small changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping because you most likely purchase many items out of habit. For instance, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see its sugar content. A great healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been proven to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. By putting in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
All in all, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to barley stew w/smoked chicken sausage recipe. To make barley stew w/smoked chicken sausage you only need 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Barley Stew w/Smoked Chicken Sausage:
- Provide of Barley.
- You need of chicken, roasted garlic, & gruyere cheese smoked sausage (I used Aidells).
- Use of 18.5 oz cans of vegetable soup (I used Progresso Vegetable Classics – Garden Vegetable).
- Prepare of sea salt to taste.
- Prepare of ground black pepper to taste.
- Provide of cayenne pepper to taste.
- Get of ground mustard.
- Provide of bay leaf.
Instructions to make Barley Stew w/Smoked Chicken Sausage:
- Rinse barley under cold water..
- Place rinsed barley in a 3 quart pot with 4 cups of cold water, a splash of EVOO, the bay leaf, and a pinch of sea salt..
- Cover & bring to a rolling boil. Reduce to medium heat. Watch to make sure it doesn't boil over. Cook for 30 mins, no peeking..
- While the barley is cooking, cut the sausage into 1/4 inch pieces..
- Remove the barley from the heat and stir, making sure to gently scrape the bottom. Most of the water should be gone. If not, drain off most of what's left, but don't trip if there is still a small amount in the bottom of the pan..
- Add 2 cans of the vegetable soup, cut sausage, sea salt, ground black pepper, ground mustard, & cayenne pepper. Stir to combine..
- Place back on high heat and stir until it starts to bubble. Immediately reduce heat to medium, cover again, and cook for another 15 mins..
- Take off of heat, stir, put in a bowl and serve with a nice piece of crusty bread with butter or pesto… Enjoy!.
If you find this Barley Stew w/Smoked Chicken Sausage recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.