Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Cheesy Potato Ham & Broccoli Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Cheesy Potato Ham & Broccoli Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cheesy Potato Ham & Broccoli Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better.
Many of us have been conditioned to think that comfort foods are terrible and must be avoided. Sometimes, if your comfort food is essentially candy or other junk foods, this holds true. Other times, comfort foods can be perfectly healthy and good for us to consume. A number of foods honestly do elevate your mood when you consume them. If you are feeling a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try a few of these.
Eggs, you may be astonished to find out, are terrific at fighting depression. Just make sure that you do not toss the egg yolk. The egg yolk is the part of the egg that is the most crucial in terms of helping elevate your mood. Eggs, the yolk particularly, are rich in B vitamins. These B vitamins are wonderful for helping to elevate your mood. This is because these vitamins help your neural transmitters–the parts of your brain that affect your mood–work better. Consume an egg and feel better!
So you see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are not good for you just so to feel better! Try several of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to cheesy potato ham & broccoli soup recipe. You can have cheesy potato ham & broccoli soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Cheesy Potato Ham & Broccoli Soup:
- Prepare of Veggies.
- Use 3 of potatoes, peeled & diced.
- Use 2 cup of chopped broccoli – I used florets.
- Provide of meat.
- Get 1 cup of chopped ham.
- Use of Dairy.
- Get 3 cup of Shredded cheddar cheese.
- Take 2 cup of Milk or Heavy Cream- I used 2% to lighten this recipe up.
- Get 5 tbsp of Butter.
- Use 5 tbsp of flour.
- You need 4 cup of chicken broth.
- Get of Seasonings.
- Provide of Pepper, garlic, onion powder- I omitted salt due to the ham. If u choose to not use ham or meat, salt may be needed.
Steps to make Cheesy Potato Ham & Broccoli Soup:
- Peel & cut up Potatoes to desired size, then toss in your crockpot.
- Melt butter in large pot or Dutch oven, then add flour. This needs to be on med-high & stir constantly.
- Flour will appear chunky & clumpy. Perfect! Fry 4-6min, still stirring!.
- Now you need to add 3 cups of HOT chicken broth & whisk whisk whisk that flour! Then add 1 & 1/2 cups of the milk or cream. Reserve the other 1 cup of broth & 1/2cup milk.
- Pour the mixture over the potatoes once it's cooked about 10min on medium. Then add the cut ham, over mixture.
- Add cut up broccoli to crockpot. I used remaining milk & broth to make sure broccoli was covered with liquid. Stir mix & cover. Low4-6hrs, High 2-3..
- Add cheese during the last 30min. I did 2 heaping cupfuls, then added the rest to each bowl. Yum!.
This Ham and Potato Casserole is a delicious and very simple dinner! Ham and potatoes smothered in a homemade cheesy sauce! It makes a big meal and it's not expensive to make! An easy recipe for cheesy potato casserole! It's perfect for making for parties and using leftover ham from the holidays!
If you find this Cheesy Potato Ham & Broccoli Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.