Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Debbie's Ham, Bean & Dumpling Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Debbie's Ham, Bean & Dumpling Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Debbie's Ham, Bean & Dumpling Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Raising Snack foods.
We all know that eating healthy meals can help us really feel better in our bodies. Increasing our consumption of sensible foods while decreasing the intake of unhealthy kinds plays a part in a more balanced feeling. A little bit of pizza will not cause you to feel as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. This is often a problem, nonetheless, when it comes to eating between snacks. You can spend numerous hours at the supermarket searching for the right snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Why not try some of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Eating almonds is a fantastic choice as long as you do not have a nut allergy. Almonds are usually considered a super food because they’re packed full of things that help boost our vitality while keeping us healthy. Almonds are a natural source of B vitamins along with other vitamins and minerals. Tryptophan, an enzyme also contained in turkey which induces drowsiness, is available in almonds. But when you eat almonds, you don’t feel like you need to sleep a while. These nuts loosen up the muscles and supply a general sense of comfort. Almonds typically give you a general increased a feeling of well-being.
You will find lots of healthy treats you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. Deciding to live a healthy lifestyle can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to debbie's ham, bean & dumpling soup recipe. To cook debbie's ham, bean & dumpling soup you only need 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Debbie's Ham, Bean & Dumpling Soup:
- Get 2 of ham hocks.
- You need 2 cups of or more cubed ham.
- Take 1 lb. of navy beans.
- You need 1 of yellow onion diced.
- Provide of carrots (handful of baby) diced.
- Take of couple cloves of fresh garlic minced.
- Get of salt and pepper.
- You need of rosemary and thyme.
- You need of parsley and a couple bay leaves.
- Prepare of dry mustard.
- Provide of white vinegar.
- Prepare of water.
Steps to make Debbie's Ham, Bean & Dumpling Soup:
- Prepare dry beans according to package, either soaking overnight or doing quick soak. Drain and add to a stock pot along with the ham hocks and ham cubes. Add approximately 8 to 10 cups of water, diced onion, diced carrots, minced garlic, and seasonings, to taste. Bring to boil, then turn down and simmer on low covered several hours. I let mine go maybe 4 hours or so. Note: I add the seasonings to taste. A pinch here, a shake or splash there. See, I am really no help, lol!!.
- After you are done simmering and your beans are tender, remove the ham hocks and bay leaves from your pot. You can use whatever ham you can get off of the ham hocks..
- Make your dumplings. I use maybe 4 eggs beaten, a little salt, and keep stirring flour into the eggs to get a semi stiff, yet sticky consistency. Drop by teaspoonfuls into boiling water and they will float when done. Drain and add to your soup..
- You will have to keep playing with your seasonings. My rule of thumb is add a little at a time so you don't overdo it! I find adding a little vinegar and dry mustard gives the soup a better flavor. Dad always liked vinegar in his bean soup and I add extra to my own bowl at times. You can also add more or less ham and dumplings. My husband likes a heartier soup so I tend to add more. Enjoy!!.
If you HAPPEN to have leftover ham from Easter, this is a great way to use it! Thinking about what to do with leftover spiral ham ? Got a ham bone on leftover from the holidays? Put it to good use in this comforting slow-cooker soup. Made with a ham bone, dried white beans, chopped carrots.
If you find this Debbie's Ham, Bean & Dumpling Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.