Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Easy Shortbread Mince Pies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy Shortbread Mince Pies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
You already know that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be balanced and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t constantly enough time or energy for us to really do the things we need to do. Working out at the gym isn’t something people decide to do when they get off from work. A hot, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You will be delighted to discover that getting healthy doesn’t have to be hard. With practice you can get all of the nutrients and the physical exercise that you need. Here are some simple ways to get healthful.
When you go grocery shopping, be sensible about it. Making good decisions when shopping for groceries means that you’ll be able to eat nutritious meals without a lot of effort. Think about it: you aren’t going to want to cope with a chaotic store or a long drive through line at the end of the day. You want to get home quickly and eat something good. Fill your cupboards with healthy foods. This makes it effortless to have a great meal–even if you want something junky–because you’ll be eating something that is obviously better for you than anything you’d buy in a hurry at the store or in the fast food joint.
There are a good deal of things that factor into getting healthy. Extensive gym visits and directly defined diets are not always the answer. It is the little things you choose each day that really help you with weight loss and becoming healthy. Being smart when you choose your food and activities is where it begins. Getting as much physical exercise as you possibly can is another factor. Remember: being healthful isn’t just about reducing your weight. You need your body to be powerful too.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to easy shortbread mince pies recipe. To make easy shortbread mince pies you need 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Shortbread Mince Pies:
- You need of g/8oz cold butter, diced.
- Use of g/12oz plain flour, sifted.
- Prepare of g/3.5oz golden caster sugar.
- Take of salt.
- Use of g/10oz mincemeat.
- Use of small egg.
- Take of icing sugar, to dust.
Steps to make Easy Shortbread Mince Pies:
- In a large bowl, add the cold diced butter to the sifted flour..
- To make the pastry, rub together with your fingers until combined. Then mix in 100g golden caster sugar and a pinch of salt..
- Combine the pastry into a ball – don’t add liquid – and knead it briefly. The dough will be fairly firm, like shortbread dough. You can use the dough immediately, or chill for later..
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6/fan 180C/392F. Line 18 holes of two 12-hole patty tins, by pressing small walnut-sized balls of pastry into each hole..
- Spoon 280g mincemeat into the pies..
- Take slightly smaller balls of pastry than before and pat them out between your hands to make round lids, big enough to cover the pies. Top the pies with their lids, pressing the edges gently together to seal – you don’t need to seal them with milk or egg as they will stick on their own. (The pies may now be frozen for up to 1 month)..
- Beat 1 small egg and brush the tops of the pies..
- Bake for 20 mins until golden. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 mins, then remove to a wire rack..
- To serve, lightly dust with icing sugar. They will keep for 3 to 4 days in an airtight container..
These are the easiest and probably the most economical Christmas Mince Pies you can make. Try our mince pie recipe with shortbread pastry. These Christmas mince pies are super easy and make a great alternative to the traditional. Dan Lepard's vegan-friendly gluten-free avocado Christmas cake (Recipe here). Get crafty this Christmas with our favourite festive projects.
If you find this Easy Shortbread Mince Pies recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.