Classic Mexican Pickled Carrots.
Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, classic mexican pickled carrots. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Classic Mexican Pickled Carrots is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Classic Mexican Pickled Carrots is something that I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have classic mexican pickled carrots using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Classic Mexican Pickled Carrots:
- Prepare 1.5-2 lbs of Whole Carrots.
- Get 1/2 of Med White Onion.
- Make ready 2 of Large Jalapeños.
- Get 1.5 C of White Distilled Vinegar.
- Take 1.5 C of Water.
- Get 5 Cloves of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 6 of Whole Bay Leaves.
- Get 2 tsp of Mexican Oregano (yes it matters…trust me, you can taste the difference).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Kosher Salt.
Steps to make Classic Mexican Pickled Carrots:
- Combine vinegar, water, garlic, bay leaves, oregano, and salt in a large sauce pan and bring to a low boil..
- In the meantime, slice carrots into ovals diagonally about 1/8” thick, slice onion into thin halves, and slice jalapeños thin, just a little less than the carrots..
- Once the brine has begun to boil, add the carrots, onion, and jalapeño..
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook for about 20 minutes..
- Remove from heat and let cool for at least 30 minutes before you place in a glass jar..
- Place the jar in the refrigerator and let sit for two days for best results. You can eat sooner, but I’ve found the flavors are so much better after two days..
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food classic mexican pickled carrots recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!