Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Shortbread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shortbread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
You already understand that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be sensible and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. The is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. At the end of the day, the majority of us want to go home, not to the gym. A hot, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy decisions doesn’t have to be irritating. If you are conscientious you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food choices you need. Here are some of the best methods to be healthy.
Drink water, not other beverages. Sipping a soda or cup of coffee every so often won’t hurt you too badly. Using them for your sole source of hydration, conversely, is dumb. When you decide on water over other beverages you are helping your body remain very healthy and hydrated. Doing this helps you cut hundreds of calories out of your diet without your having to suffer through a bunch of gross diet food. Water is typically one of the keys to really slimming down and getting healthy.
There are all sorts of things that you can do to get wholesome. An costly gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. You can do tiny things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being smart about the choices you make each day is a start. Getting as much physical exercise as you possibly can is another factor. Remember: being healthy and balanced isn’t just about losing weight. It has more to do with making your body as strong as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to shortbread recipe. To make shortbread you need 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Shortbread:
- Take 240 g (2 cups) of plain flour.
- Use 36 g (1/4 cup) of rice flour.
- Prepare 65 g (1/4 cup) of caster sugar, more for sprinkling.
- Provide of zest grated from 1 lemon and 1 lime.
- Take 1/2 tsp of fine sea salt (1/2 teaspoon).
- Take 225 g (2 sticks) of unsalted butter, melted and cooled.
Instructions to make Shortbread:
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas 4. Line an 18 x 23cm or 20 x 20 square (7 x 9in, or 8 x 8 square) baking tin with parchment..
- Mix the lemon and lime zest into the sugar. Stir the flours, flavoured sugar and salt together and pour in melted butter when it has cooled down. Mix well with a spoon..
- Press the dough into the lined tin. You can mark lines with a sharp knife or a pastry cutter for cutting the fingers when baked..
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until pale golden..
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with caster sugar (plain or mixed with more lemon zest). Cut the shortbread into fingers taken out of tin but still in the parchment– it will make 16 medium sized ones..
- Cool them completely on a wire rack – they will be awfully crumbly at first but will set as they cool..
Our basic butter shortbread is made with only three ingredients. Roll the dough and cut into square or round shapes or pat the dough into a baking pan. This Scottish shortbread recipe from Jamie Oliver is a brilliantly easy shortbread recipe. Perfect with a cup of tea, or dip them in melted chocolate! This simple dough bursts with buttery goodness There's no shortage of shortbread here!
If you find this Shortbread recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.