Easy and Colorful Yellow Cucumber and Onion Pickles.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, easy and colorful yellow cucumber and onion pickles. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Easy and Colorful Yellow Cucumber and Onion Pickles is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Easy and Colorful Yellow Cucumber and Onion Pickles is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have easy and colorful yellow cucumber and onion pickles using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Easy and Colorful Yellow Cucumber and Onion Pickles:
- Take 3 of Cucumbers.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 medium of Onion.
- Make ready 2 small of knobs Ginger.
- Take 300 ml of ☆ Vinegar.
- Get 5 tbsp of ☆ Soft light brown sugar.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of ☆ White pepper (whole).
- Make ready 1 tsp of ☆Turmeric powder.
Instructions to make Easy and Colorful Yellow Cucumber and Onion Pickles:
- Thoroughly rinse the cucumbers and ginger. Chop the top and bottom of the onion, and remove the outer skin..
- Evenly peel the skin of the cucumbers lengthwise to make a striped pattern, then slice into 1-2 cm thick rounds. Sprinkle with salt to soften..
- After cutting the onion along the grain, cut across the grain (into desired sizes)..
- Julienne the ginger without peeling the skin (or peel, for those who prefer to do so)..
- Combine the ☆ ingredients in a pot coated in enamel or other non-reactive finish, and once it is warm, add the ginger..
- Add the cucumber slices and onions and boil for about 15 minutes. If watery, set aside for about 1 hour, then boil again to reduce the liquid..
- Transfer to a resealable plastic container, and store in the refrigerator overnight, then they're done..
- They should keep in the refrigerator for up to a week. If you want to store them longer, thoroughly remove the moisture by brining before pickling..
- The white peppercorns serve as a key accent to the pickles, but black peppercorns would also work..
- Tumeric is very health supporting ♫ If you don't have any, you could substitute with curry powder for coloring..
- I use fresh ginger, but you could also use powdered ginger. Tumeric is good for the liver, while ginger is good for the digestive system. They're both great for fighting summer fatigue..
- Also check out my recipe for Easy Refreshing Daikon Radish and Cucumber Sunomono for Summer. Try it to endure summer fatigue. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/155238-easy-and-refreshing-marinated-shiso-leaf-and-cucumber-sunomono.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food easy and colorful yellow cucumber and onion pickles recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!