Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Picking The Right Foods Will Help You Stay Fit And Healthy.
Something that some of you may already know is that by eating the right foods can have a massive effect on your health. One of the foods you really should be avoiding is any foods you get at a fast food spot. The foods that you will get from these fast food places are usually foods that are incredibly unhealthy, loaded with fat and typically have little to no nourishment. In the following paragraphs we are going to be going over foods that you should be eating that can help you remain in good health.
Yet another thing you will want to be sure of is that your having enough of is your vegetables as this will also be able to have a good effect on your health. Potassium is one of the things that you will find in various vegetables, and naturally they also contain many different vitamins and minerals you will additionally need. For instance, broccoli has a lot of potassium to supply you with your daily recommended allowances. Something different you might want to try is the next time you make a salad try working with spinach as opposed to your traditional lettuce as you will discover that there are a lot more nutrients that can be found in those leaves.
For those who want to start living a much healthier life the tips above are able to help you do that. Also if you eliminate all the unhealthy food that you shouldn’t be eating anyway, you will probably find that you could end up living a longer life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chili soup with mashed potato cakes recipe. You can have chili soup with mashed potato cakes using 11 ingredients and 28 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes:
- Provide of Chili.
- You need 1 pound of Ground Beef.
- Get 1-2 of large Green bell Pepper cleaned & Chopped.
- Use 1-2 of large sweet onions Chopped.
- Take 24-36 ounces of V8 juice or tomato juice.
- Provide 5-15 ounce of cans of Beans I use Red Kidney, Pink Kidney, Black Beans, northern Beans, rinsed thoroughly.
- Provide 5 cloves of Garlic minced or 1/2 of an elephant garlic clove minced.
- Get 3-15 ounce of cans of Diced tomatoes do not drain.
- Use of Seasonings I use to taste: dash of cinnamon ( cuts acidity.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of each: Ground Cumin, Chili Powder, Red pepper Flakes, Paprika (smoked or sweet).
- Take to taste of Salt and Pepper.
Steps to make Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes:
- Brown meat in Large kettle or skillet, on medium low, when meat is almost done,.
- Add Chopped vegetables (Onions, bell peppers, canned or fresh tomatoes, beans, garlic, jalapeños if using.).
- Add half of seasonings. When veggies are tender..
- Add V8 or tomato juice. (I like V8 because of the flavor it adds.) Stir turn heat up to medium high until it begins to boil..
- I use two different methods for cooking..
- 1.). On top of the stove to simmer all day on semi low. I use a lid that I will allow steam to escape. If I have to add more liquid..
- Sometimes I add low sodium chicken broth, sometimes water. I start in the morning so it will be ready for dinner..
- 2.) Slow cooker method. I like to fix it before I go to bed, start it on the stove then transfer to lightly oiled Slow Cooker..
- I start it on high for approximately 45 minutes. I turn it on low to cook over night. Then warm when I get up. Ready for lunch and dinner..
- Mashed Potato Cakes.
- My husband enjoys mashed potatoes. However when I make them, I have to make quite a bit extra. Next time you make mashed potatoes… make almost double..
- 8 Medium to large Potatoes, Peeled, quartered or more depending on size.
- 8 ounces of low fat cream cheese softened..
- Warm milk.. I add 1/4 cup at a time.
- Softened real Butter I use unsalted 1/2 of a stick. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mash all together. I like to add fresh roasted garlic, fresh shredded cheese of my choice. We like smoked Gouda but a little bit goes a long way..
- To make my mashed potatoes, I use Russet potatoes, enough for four people. Approximately.. 8 medium to large potatoes. Cleaned, peeled and Cut I To quarters or sixth (depending how large).
- I place in Low sodium Chicken Broth. Boil until tender, Rinse and save broth.. set it aside.
- I place potatoes back in pot they were cooked in.
- Mash all ingredients until almost smooth. I like a few small lumps, I want my guest to know they are not instant..
- The next day, add to your mashed potatoes to prepare to make cakes..
- Oil to fry in about 2-3 inches deep or deep fry. Bread crumbs, sometimes I crush corn flakes, sometimes I use Panko Crumbs, sometimes plain fine bread crumbs. I like to add my own seasonings to my taste which varies..
- 1-2 sweet onions peeled and chopped..
- 2 garlic cloves minced..
- Seasonings I use to taste: salt, pepper, Italian, Cumin, divide these in half..
- 1 cup of all purpose flour per two cups of mashed potatoes. More if you need it..
- I season my potatoes and my bread crumbs. Stir well.
- Wet your hands shake of excess.. scoop some out with your wet hands. Roll into a ball, place in seasoned bread crumbs.
- Roll around and slightly flatten, place in Hot oil carefully. I normally fry in skillet. About 3-4 minutes each side on medium heat..
Measurements are estimated depending on the amount of left over potatoes you have on hand Dredge the potato ball in the flour, then the egg mixture and back into the flour again. Fry each cake until lightly browned on both sides. You know, like mashed potatoes are supposed to be. Fried cheesy potatoes, do I need to say more? The outside of these leftover mashed potato cakes is light and crispy with a touch of cheese-melted-onto-the-side-of-a-pan taste.
If you find this Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.