Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Fig Ricotta Cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fig Ricotta Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who suffer from conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a healthier lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery because you most likely buy lots of food items out of habit. For instance, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see its sugar content. Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to fig ricotta cake recipe. You can cook fig ricotta cake using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Fig Ricotta Cake:
- Provide 10 T of softened butter plus some for the pan.
- Provide 1 cup of sugar plus some for sprinkling on top and coating pan.
- Provide 3 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of whole milk ricotta, room temperature.
- Provide 2 of heaping tablespoons sour cream.
- Get 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla.
- Take 1 tablespoon of lemon zest.
- Use 1 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Get 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 12 of figs, stemmed and quartered.
Steps to make Fig Ricotta Cake:
- Take 4 figs and place in 400 oven on baking sheet for 20 minutes. When roasted place in blender and purée. If needed, add a little water. Set aside..
- Set oven to 375. Prepare a 9 inch springform pan by buttering generously and coating sides and bottom with sugar..
- Cream 10 T of butter with one cup sugar for 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, incorporating fully. Add ricotta, sour cream, vanilla and lemon zest. Beat until combined. Don’t worry if it looks curdled or lumpy..
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder together. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Add fig purée. Beat just until combined..
- Pour into pan and smooth the top. Place fig quarters gently on top of cake. Sprinkle generously with sugar..
- Bake for approximately 40-50 minutes, or until skewer comes out clean and top is browned. Cake may need additional time in baking..
- If making with peaches and raspberries, add one half pint of raspberries to batter and 3 sliced peaches and a half pint raspberries to top of cake..
If you find this Fig Ricotta Cake recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.