Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Baked mussels in the half-shell recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Baked mussels in the half-shell recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked mussels in the half-shell recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Can save you Cash.
Remember when the only individuals who cared about the environment were tree huggers as well as hippies? That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet and also the shared obligation we have for turning things around. According to the experts, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some adjustments. These kinds of adjustments need to start occurring, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Here are a few tips that can help you save energy, primarily by making your cooking area more green.
A large amount of electricity is consumed by freezers as well as refrigerators, and it’s even worse if they are working inefficiently. You can easily save up to 60% on energy whenever you get a new one, in comparison to those from longer than ten years ago. The appropriate temperature for food is 37F within the fridge and 0F in the freezer, and sticking to these will use a lesser amount of electricity. You can certainly cut down how often the motor has to run by regularly cleaning the condenser, which will save on electricity.
From the above it really should be apparent that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. It is reasonably straightforward to live green, all things considered. It’s related to being functional, more often than not.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to baked mussels in the half-shell recipe. You can have baked mussels in the half-shell using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Baked mussels in the half-shell:
- You need 1 box of (about 3 dozen) frozen greenshell mussels in a half-shell.
- You need 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Take 1 of large shallot, minced.
- You need 1/2 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh chive, chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
Steps to make Baked mussels in the half-shell:
- Defrost and clean the mussels thoroughly. Lay them out onto two baking sheets. Preheat your oven to 425 F..
- In a bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, garlic and shallot with several grinds of freshly cracked black pepper. Add a dollop of the mayo mixture to each mussel, and spread it to coat the meat evenly..
- In a bowl, toss together the breadcrumbs, chive and olive oil until the crumbs are evenly coated. Sprinkle the crumbs over the mussels. Pop the mussels into the oven for 20 minutes until the tops are golden and toasty..
Put the half shell mussels on a baking tray. Sprinkle over the garlic, parsley and lemon juice and season with pepper. For this easy and simple baked mussel recipe, I am using the half-shell green mussels I mentioned above. You can find them at the frozen section of your grocery store. Make sure to thaw them first in the refrigerator before cooking.
If you find this Baked mussels in the half-shell recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.