Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Opting to eat healthily has great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Although we’re constantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, though, to make some small changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
These sorts of changes are easy to accomplish with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil can likewise be good for your skin because it is a great source of vitamin E. It might be that you already think that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. Organic foods are an excellent alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemical substances. Searching for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of eating foods that still contain almost all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
As you can see, it is not difficult to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to shrimp, sausage, and chicken gumbo recipe. You can cook shrimp, sausage, and chicken gumbo using 19 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO:
- Provide 3 large of boneless skinless chicken breast halves.
- You need 1 lb of smoked sausage.
- Take 1 lb of med shrimp deveined and peeled (doesnt go in until the end).
- Get 5 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- Provide 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Use 1 large of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 6 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of green bell pepper, seeded and chopped.
- You need 3 of stalks chopped celery.
- Provide 1/4 cup of worcestershire sauce.
- Provide 1/4 bunch of flat leafed parsley, coarsely chopped.
- Get 5 cup of hot water.
- Provide 5 of beef bouillon cubes.
- Take 1 can of stewed tomatoes w/juice.
- Use 2 cup of frozen sliced okra.
- Prepare 3 of green onions, white part as well.
- You need 1 dash of of cayenne pepper.
Steps to make Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO:
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large (heavy bottomed) pot, over medium-high heat..
- Cook chicken until browned on both sides, remove..
- Cook sausage until browned on both sides, remove..
- *Roux- Sprinkle the flour over the oil, add 2 tablespoons of margarine and cook over medium-heat. Stirring constantly, until brown, about 10 minutes..
- Return the pot to low heat and melt the remaining 3 tablespoons margarine. Add onion, garlic, green pepper and celery. Cook for 10 minutes..
- Add Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, to taste and the 1/4 bunch parsley..
- Cook while stirring frequently for about 10 minutes..
- Add 5 cups of hot water and beef bouillon cubes. Whisk constantly. *for thicker gumbo, 4 cups of hot water.
- Add chicken and sausage, bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Stirring occasionally..
- Add tomatoes (w/juice) and okra. Stir, then cover and simmer for 1 hour..
- Just before serving add green onions, and shrimp. Let stand 5 minutes..
- Enjoy!!! With rice or crackers, however you prefer. Or just straight up..
Chicken, Sausage & Shrimp Gumbo ~ with the Holy Trinity of Louisiana cooking (celery, onion and bell pepper,) roast chicken, andouille sausage and shrimp are simmered in chicken broth flavored by a rich, dark roux made the Cajun way! Many folks will be celebrating Fat Tuesday this week which. Shrimp Gumbo is like a trip to New Orleans without the plane ticket. The secret is in the slow-cooked roux — don't skip it! Chicken Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo – rich, flavorful gumbo bursting with authentic flavors and loaded with chicken, shrimp, crab legs and sausage.
If you find this Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.