Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Shuba (Russian Layered Salad with Beets) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shuba (Russian Layered Salad with Beets) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Your State Of Health Can Be Impacted By The Foods You Decide To Consume.
One thing that some of you may already recognize is that by consuming the right foods can have a substantial effect on your health. One of the foods you ought to be avoiding is any kind of foods you get at a fast food spot. The foods that you will get from these fast food places are foods that are very unhealthy, loaded with fat and typically have little to no nutrition. That is why we are going to be going over the food items that you should be consuming that will have a beneficial effect on your health.
Also when you are searching for a snack to hold you over in between meals, reach for a handful of nuts or seeds. One of the health benefits of these kinds of nuts and seeds is the Omega-3 and Omega-6 that can be present in them. These kinds of fatty acids are necessary to helping your body produce the proper amounts of hormones your body needs for a healthy way of life. Something you may not comprehend is that several hormones that you need will only be able to be created when you have these fatty acids.
For those of you who want to begin living a healthier life the tips above will be able to help you do that. The pre packaged processed foods that you can discover in any store is also not good for you and as an alternative you should be cooking fresh nourishing foods.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to shuba (russian layered salad with beets) recipe. To cook shuba (russian layered salad with beets) you need 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Shuba (Russian Layered Salad with Beets):
- Provide 2 of Red beets.
- Use 2 of Potatoes (medium).
- Provide 2 of Carrots.
- You need 1/2 of Red onion.
- Use 1 of Hard boiled egg.
- Take 1 dash of Dill.
- Use 4 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Sea salt.
- You need 1 dash of Coarsely ground black pepper.
Instructions to make Shuba (Russian Layered Salad with Beets):
- Cut the leaves off the beets. Peel the carrots and cut in half. Put the beets, carrots and potatoes in the same pan and start cooking them in cold water..
- When the pan comes to a boil, turn the heat down to medium. In about 15 minutes the potatoes and carrots will be done, so take them out of the pan. Peel the potatoes..
- Boil the beets for another 10 minutes or so (until a bamboo skewer goes through them easily). Take them out of the pan, cut off the tough parts on the top and bottom, and peel..
- Either grate or roughly chop up the potatoes, carrots and beets. Finely chop the red onion, hard boiled egg and dill too..
- Layer half the red onion, potato, carrot and beets in a bowl in order. (The photo shows the carrot layer.).
- Spread half the mayonnaise evenly on top of the beet layer. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper..
- Repeat Steps 5 and 6, and finish by decorating the top with hard boiled egg and dill. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours (overnight if possible)..
- Serve the salad in the bowl, or slice as shown and serve..
The layers are separated by a thin spreading of mayo or a combination of mayo and sour cream. Shuba – literally translates to 'herring under fur'. This uniquely named Russian salad is made with cooked root vegetables such as beets, carrots and potatoes dressed with mayonnaise. Shuba salad is traditionally molded onto a pretty serving tray or into a pan, then inverted. Simply put, shuba salad, or "Herring Under a Fur Coat," is a layered salad of pickled herring fillets, finely chopped onion, beets, carrots, potatoes and dressing.
If you find this Shuba (Russian Layered Salad with Beets) recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.