Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Cajun Shrimp Etouffe recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cajun Shrimp Etouffe recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cajun Shrimp Etouffe recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Making the decision to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is one factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a more healthy way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make several small changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
To see results, it is definitely not a requirement to drastically modify your eating habits. If you would like to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Eventually, you will find that you actually prefer to ingest healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. As with many other habits, change happens over a period of time and when a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to return to your old diet.
Evidently, it’s easy to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to cajun shrimp etouffe recipe. You can cook cajun shrimp etouffe using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Cajun Shrimp Etouffe:
- Use 2 tbsp of butter, oil, or bacon fat if you're going true southern classic.
- Use 1/4 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of celery, chopped.
- Provide 1/2 of bell pepper, diced.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- Take 1 of jalapeño, finely chopped.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of vegetable broth.
- Get 1 of tomato, diced.
- Prepare 1 of green onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of kidney beans.
- You need 1/2 tsp of hot sauce.
- You need 1/2 lb of shrimp, peeled and deviened.
- Provide of cajun seasoning.
- Take of cayenne pepper.
- Take 2 tbsp of flour.
Steps to make Cajun Shrimp Etouffe:
- Season shrimp with salt, pepper, and cajun seasoning..
- Heat butter in skillet until slightly bubbly. Add the onions, celery, bell pepper, garlic, and jalapeño. Cook until onions are translucent..
- Whisk in the flour and stir in for about 3-5 minutes to make a blond roux..
- Add in a small amount of vegetable stock and stir in to make a thick paste. Gradually add the remaining stock in small portions and stir continuously to ensure no clumps. Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer. You may need to add a bit more vegetable stock, you want the end result to be similar to a thick gravy..
- Add the tomatoes, kidney beans, hot sauce, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Cover partially and let simmer for about 20 minutes..
- Add in the shrimp and green onions and cook another 10 minutes or until cooked through..
- Adjust seasoning to taste and serve with rice..
This easy-to-make dish from the Creole-Cajun canon is perfect for chilly weeknight supper. Recipe notes: This dish requires no stock. Shrimp étouffée is a classic Cajun and Creole dish of plump and tender shrimp smothered in a thick and flavorful roux-based sauce. Cajun Shrimp Etouffee Recipes on Yummly Cajun Shrimp, Sausage, And Vegetable Sheet Pan, Cajun Shrimp Stew, Slow Top cajun-shrimp-etouffee recipes just for you.
If you find this Cajun Shrimp Etouffe recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.