Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Palak paneer recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Palak paneer recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
You already know that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be balanced and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. The is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. When our work day is done, most people do not wish to go to the gym. People crave junk food, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You will be happy to discover that achieving good health doesn’t have to be hard. With training you can get all of the nutritional requirements and the exercise that you need. Here are some of the best methods to be healthy and balanced.
Walk up the stairs. Stroll up the stairs to where you live or work instead of using the elevator. Obviously this isn’t as possible if you work on the 25th floor of a high rise, but if you work on the fourth, climbing the stairs is a excellent way to get some exercise in. If you do work on a very high floor, why not get off the elevator a couple of floors early and walk the rest of the way? Most people will decide to be sluggish and take an elevator instead of getting exercise on the stairs. Even if you only have just one flight to climb, climbing along it during the day is a great way to get extra exercise.
There are plenty of things you can do to become healthy. Extensive gym visits and directly defined diets are not always the answer. It is the little things you choose each day that really help you with weight loss and getting healthy. Being smart when you choose your food and activities is where it begins. Trying to get in as much exercise as possible is another. Don’t overlook that health isn’t only about just how much you weigh. It’s about making your body as powerful as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to palak paneer recipe. You can cook palak paneer using 12 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Palak paneer:
- Prepare of spinach leaves.
- Provide of Boil water.
- Use of ice cubes.
- Provide of chopped ginger.
- Prepare of chili peppers.
- Use of oil (or ghee or butter).
- You need of cumin seeds.
- Prepare of small to medium-sized tej patta (Indian bay leaf).
- You need of finely chopped onions.
- Use of chopped tomatoes.
- Use of turmeric powder, ½ teaspoon red chili powder.
- You need of paneer cubes.
Instructions to make Palak paneer:
- Using a colander or strainer, rinse the palak or spinach leaves (250 grams or 0.55 pounds), very well in running water..
- Boil 3 cups water in a pan, microwave or electric heater. Add ¼ tsp salt to the hot water and stir. Then add the spinach leaves to the hot water. Let the spinach leaves sit in the water for about 1 minute. If doing this on a stove-top, be sure to remove the pan from the hot burner.
- After 1 minute, strain the spinach leaves..
- Immediately add the palak or spinach leaves in a pan or bowl containing ice cold water. This method helps in preserving the green color of the spinach. Just add 8 to 10 ice cubes to 3 cups water to get cold water. Allow the spinach leaves to be in the cold water for a minute..
- Then drain the ice cold water. Add the spinach in a blender or grinder jar with 1 inch chopped ginger, (1 or 2 small to medium) garlic cloves and 1 or 2 chili peppers (green chillies). You can also use a hand-held immersion blender to make the puree..
- Make a smooth spinach puree. No need to add water while making the puree. Set the spinach puree aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil (or ghee or butter) in a pan or kadai (wok). Here I have used butter. If using butter, melt it on a low flame making sure that it does not brown..
- Add ½ teaspoon cumin seeds and let them splutter..
- Then add one small to medium-sized tej patta (Indian bay leaf)..
- Add ⅓ cup finely chopped onions (1 small to medium sized onion)Sauté until the onions become golden..
- Then add 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic. Sauté till the raw aroma of garlic goes away. No need to brown the garlic..
- Add ⅓ cup chopped tomatoes (1 small or medium sized tomato)..
- Stir and sauté the tomatoes until they soften..
- Once the tomatoes are softened and you see fat releasing from the sides of the mixture, then add ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder, ½ teaspoon red chili powder (or cayenne pepper or paprika) and a pinch of asafoetida (hing). You can find asafoetida at your local spice store or on amazon, but if you don’t have it, you can skip it..
- Mix very well.Then add the palak (spinach) puree. Add about ½ cup of water or as required. Mix and stir again..
- Simmer the gravy for 6 to 7 minutes or more until the palak (spinach) is cooked. Season with salt. The gravy or sauce will have also thickened by now..
- Stir and add ¼ to ½ teaspoon garam masala powder.
- Stir again and then add the paneer cubes (200 to 250 grams cottage cheese). I have added the paneer cubes directly to the gravy. But you can also lightly pan-fry the paneer cubes in some oil until they are lightly browned and then add them to the palak gravy. In this case, you don’t need to cook the paneer further..
- Mix very well and switch off the heat..
- Lastly add 2 tablespoons low-fat cream. I used Amul brand cream. If using heavy whipping cream, then add 1 tablespoon of it. You can also add 1 teaspoon crushed kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves) at this step, however this is optional..
- Stir gently again so that the cream gets incorporated in the gravy uniformly..
- Serve palak paneer hot with some roti, naan or paratha or cumin rice or ghee rice..
Palak Paneer is likely the most popular paneer dish from North India. Creamy spinach with tasty paneer makes a delicious main dish. This recipe was one of my first published recipes on YouTube. Palak paneer is one of the most popular dishes in Indian restaurants worldwide and is commonly served in buffets. This Indian dish is made with spinach, paneer (an acid-set, young cheese).
If you find this Palak paneer recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.