Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Lemon Meringue Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lemon Meringue Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Ways To Live Green And also Conserve Money In The Kitchen.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern concerning the well-being of the environment. That’s a thing of the past now, with all people being aware of the problems besetting the planet as well as the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. Unless everyone begins to start living more eco-friendly we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. Each and every family must start creating changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. Here are a number of tips that can help you save energy, primarily by making your cooking area more green.
You may prefer cooking food with your oven, but using a microwave instead will cost you much less money. The energy used by cooking in an oven is definitely greater by 75%, and possibly this small amount of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. When it comes to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save plenty of electrical power and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. Many individuals mistakenly believe that doing the dishes by hand uses a lesser amount of energy than a dishwasher. Mainly if you make sure the dishwasher is full before starting a cycle. Preserve even more money by air drying as well as cool drying your dishes instead of heat drying them.
The kitchen by itself offers you many small methods by which energy and money can be saved. Green living is not that tough. It’s related to being sensible, most of the time.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lemon meringue pie recipe. You can cook lemon meringue pie using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Lemon Meringue Pie:
- Provide of lemon filling.
- Prepare of pre made short crust pastry case or a ready made one.
- You need of unwaxed lemons.
- Provide of cornflour.
- You need of water.
- Provide of egg yolks.
- Use of caster sugar.
- You need of unsalted butter diced.
- Use of meringue topping.
- You need of egg whites.
- You need of caster sugar.
- Prepare of a loose based flan tin and a baking tray.
Steps to make Lemon Meringue Pie:
- pre heat the oven to 180 and place a baking tray in to keep nice and hot.
- get your pre ready pastry case and set aside till later.
- rinse the lemons,then grate the zest in a heat proof bowl.
- add the juice from the lemons and the cornflour and stir to make a smooth paste..
- put the water in a pan and bring it up to boil,when boiled pour it in to the lemon mixture stirring constantly with a wooden spoon..
- when thoroughly combined pour the mixture back into the pan and cook stirring constantly untill it boils and thickens. reduce the heat and simmer for a minute..
- remove the pan from the heat and beat in the 3 egg yolks,quickly followed by the sugar and butter. spoon the filling into the pastry case and spread evenly..
- to make the meringue topping, put 4 egg whites in a large bowl and whisk until they stand in soft peaks..
- gradually whisk in the sugar to make a stiff,glossy meringue..
- pile the meringue on top of the lemon filling so its totally covered..
- stand the tart on the hot baking tray and bake for 20mins or untill the meringue is golden Brown. leave to cool and serve at room temperature..
If you find this Lemon Meringue Pie recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.