Jammin' Jamaican Oxtails. When you hear the word oxtail what comes to mind? Oxtail got its unique culinary name from the cut of the meat , yes it is the actual tail of the cattle. This Jamaican Oxtails Recipe is the perfect Caribbean stew for dinner.
Now, making Jamaican oxtails is not easy. As with cooking any Jamaican food, patience plays an So, the ongoing belief that oxtails are hard to cook in addition to borderline frustration preparation. This hearty and flavorful Jamaican oxtail recipe with celery, carrot, and onion makes a satisfying stew perfect for a chilly evening.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, jammin' jamaican oxtails. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
When you hear the word oxtail what comes to mind? Oxtail got its unique culinary name from the cut of the meat , yes it is the actual tail of the cattle. This Jamaican Oxtails Recipe is the perfect Caribbean stew for dinner.
Jammin' Jamaican Oxtails is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Jammin' Jamaican Oxtails is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have jammin' jamaican oxtails using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Jammin' Jamaican Oxtails:
- Prepare 1 lb of Beef Oxtail.
- Make ready 1 can of Butter Beans, drained.
- Take 3 of Carrots, peeled and chopped.
- Make ready 3 tbsp of Cooking oil.
- Make ready 1 tsp of Oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Parsley.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of Allspice.
- Take 1 dash of Paprika.
- Make ready 1 of Whole Scotch Bonnet Pepper.
- Get of Marinade.
- Get 3 tbsp of Bottle Oxtail Seasoning (OR Oxtail seasoning sub if you don't have ;see last ingredient) *If store bough seasoning is dry seasoning and not paste-like then you will need to add 2 tbls spoon of Browning liquid..
- Get 1 tbsp of Seasoning salt.
- Get 2 tbsp of Sweet and sour soy sauce.
- Get 1 dash of Cumin powder.
- Get 2 tbsp of Cloves of Garlic, chopped (to be placed in marinade container).
- Get 1 cup of Sweet Peppers, sliced lengthwise (to be placed in marinade container).
- Get 1 large of Onion, peeled and chopped (to be placed alongside meat in marinade container).
- Take 1 of Oxtail Seasoning = 2 tblsp browning, 1 tblsp vinegar, 1 tsp brown sugar, 1/2 scotch bonnet pepper, 1/2 chopped scallion, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 grated ginger, about 4 sprigs of thyme and Blend all together..
- Prepare 1 tsp of Meat Tenderizer (Optional).
The Best Jamaican Oxtails Recipes on Yummly Oxtail Stew, Red Wine And Chipotle Braised Oxtails, Jamaican Oxtails. Jamaican Oxtail Stew- This braised oxtail with butter beans not only have a complex note from allspice but also that familiar garlic, thyme, scotch bonnet and onion medley. They are loaded with fat and bone and take a long time to cook.
Steps to make Jammin' Jamaican Oxtails:
- Pour marinade on top of meat and mix together using hands. Don't be afraid to get dirty. You want to make sure the meat is well coated..
- Marinate for a minimum of 2 hrs; overnight for best flavor..
- Using a Dutch pot, heat oil of choice (I like coconut oil). Add in a small piece of scotch bonnet/habanero pepper, a few pieces of sliced onion and one chopped clove of garlic and about one cup of HOT water. When water starts to boil, add oxtail (keeping marinade juices and sweet peppers etc. aside)..
- Let cook down (water goes down) while turning oxtail every few minutes. Then add more HOT water to cover oxtail..
- Add sweet peppers and marinade juices to pot. Continue to stir, scraping up the bottom of the pot and stirring to get all of the beefs juices..
- When water goes down again add paprika, allspice, oregano, and a teaspoon of parsley. Cover Oxtails again with HOT water..
- Continue to stir oxtail and turn heat on low. Add in a whole scotch bonnet pepper (remove before serving or omit altogether if going easy on spiciness). Cover pot..
- Continue to check pot every few minutes continuing to add enough water to cover whenever water becomes low. Let oxtail cook for about another 1 1/2 hrs, continuing to add water as necessary and adding seasoning salt to taste..
- Add carrots to pot and cook for another 20 mins. (Carrots should be soft when Oxtails are done, but not dissolved in the water).
- Add drained butter beans and cook for another 20 mins letting water simmer down enough for gravy..
- Oxtails are done when the meat is nice and tender. If meat isn't tender, keep heat on low and continue to cook until tender..
- Turn off stove. Serve with sweet plantains, rice and peas, salad or whatever your preference. Enjoy!.
Jamaican Oxtail Stew – with vegetables and baked (irish) potato. It's not just another Jamaican dish, its savoury, it's the tasty Jamaican oxtail stew! Although I always enjoyed the meal, as a child, I was. Picture recipe for Jamaican Oxtail – another Jamaican Recipe from Jamaica Travel and Culture.com. Season the oxtail with scallion, scotch bonnet pepper, garlic, thyme, allspice, salt and pepper.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food jammin' jamaican oxtails recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!