Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Fried corn succotash recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Fried corn succotash recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fried corn succotash recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better.
Most of us think that comfort foods are terrible for us and that we need to avoid them. Often, if your comfort food is a high sugar food or some other junk food, this holds true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be altogether nourishing and it’s good for you to eat them. Some foods honestly do raise your mood when you eat them. When you are feeling a little down and are in need of an emotional pick-me-up, test out some of these.
It’s not difficult to overcome your bad mood when you eat grains. Barley, quinoa, millet, teff, etc are all wonderful for helping you be in a happier state of mind. They help you feel full also which can really help to make your mood better. Feeling hungry can be a real downer! The reason these grains are so great for your mood is that they are not hard for your stomach to digest. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps promote a rise in your sugar levels which in turn takes your mood to a happier place.
Now you can see that junk food isn’t necessarily what you should eat when you are wanting to help your moods get better. Try several of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to fried corn succotash recipe. You can have fried corn succotash using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Fried corn succotash:
- Prepare of corn.
- Take 1/2 of green pepper.
- You need 1/2 of red pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of red onion.
- You need 1/2 of white onion.
- Take 3 of cobs of corn.
- You need 1 packages of frozen okra.
- You need 1 can (8 oz) of can of tomato sauce.
- Take 1 can (14.5 oz) of stewed tomatoes.
- You need 2 slice of bacon.
- Use 1 stick of butter.
- Take 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of black pepper.
- Get 1 of red pepper flakes.
- Use 1 of onion powder.
Instructions to make Fried corn succotash:
- Shuck and boil your corn cobs in salted water for about 10 mins. Makes it easier to cut your corn off the cob..
- Fry 2 to 3 strips of bacon in cooking oil. While bacon is cooking cut up your peppers and onions..
- Use a fork to chop up bacon. In the same pan that you cooked the bacon put your onions and peppers in and start to sautee along with the bacon. I like to use a cast iron skillet. Feel free to use any large cooking skillet. Also feel free to leave out bacon for a vegetarian recipe..
- Add salt, pepper and onion powder to vegetables and bacon. I like some red pepper flakes to balance the sweetness. I was heavy on the red pepper flakes..
- Take your corn off the heat and run under cold water. Let cool and cut your corn off the cob. Add to skillet with other ingredients. Keep stirring and let your ingredients mix well..
- Add your stick of butter a very small amount of water and turn your heat way down on your pan and cover. This helps your corn to soften up..
- Take your okra out the freezer and slice. Much easier to slice them frozen. I didn't use the entire bag I only used about a quarter of the bag or about 10 pieces..
- Add your sliced okra to your skillet, your can of tomato sauce and your can of stewed tomatoes with liquid. Do not drain them..
- Check the flavor and addore salt, pepper and onion powder to desired taste. Keep the flame low and simmer for about another 45 mins. Stir occasionally. I like to serve mines over white rice with sweet corn bread on the side. Enjoy!!.
Corn Succotash is the perfect summer side dish made with freshly grilled corn, zucchini, grape tomatoes, red bell peppers, lima beans and red onion. From succotash to corn salad, fresh corn works its way onto our skillets as much as possible during Southern summers – and for a good reason. Corn season is a thing of beauty, adding color to our. Usually succotash is a combination of corn and lima beans. We decided to make a hearty version of succotash with some diced ham, and add a Mediterranean touch by using olive oil and a little lemon.
If you find this Fried corn succotash recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.