Easy fish pie. A simple fish pie that's quick to prepare and super tasty too. Portion it into ramekins for quick toddler meals you can pull out of the freezer. A simple fish pie recipe that's quick and easy to prepare.
This has to be the easiest fish pie recipe I know. Pieces of cod and smoked haddock in a simple sauce topped with mashed potatoes. Fish expert Mitch Tonks' fish pie recipe has bags of flavour from the smoked haddock, prawns and cod.
Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, easy fish pie. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
A simple fish pie that's quick to prepare and super tasty too. Portion it into ramekins for quick toddler meals you can pull out of the freezer. A simple fish pie recipe that's quick and easy to prepare.
Easy fish pie is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Easy fish pie is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have easy fish pie using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Easy fish pie:
- Take 340 g of fish pie mix (we used Tesco which has cod, salmon and smoked haddock chunks).
- Take 1 of large carrot.
- Make ready 1 cup of frozen peas.
- Make ready 1 of large leek.
- Prepare 5-6 of large white potatoes (could do more if you like more mash on top or half and half white and sweet potatoes).
- Get 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Take 125 g of cheese (grated) – stronger cheddar is nice but I kept it milder for the kiddies.
- Make ready 4 tbsp of plain flour (we used cornflour as trying to keep gluten free – you'll probaby need a little less of this).
- Get 50 g of butter.
- Get 500 ml of milk – semi or whole milk is best or try coconut or oat milk.
- Get 1 tsp of mustard (optional).
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
You can make this the night before and keep it in the fridge, or portion it up and Remove the pan from the heat, then stir in the prawns, fish pie mix and mustard. Hearty, creamy and super-satisfying. "This delicious fish pie is a great excuse to pack in the veg, so use whatever you have to hand – even frozen peas! Easy Fish Pie. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Try these fish pie recipes today – we have an easy fish pie for the family, a light and healthy fish pie, an indulgently creamy fish pie and more.
Instructions to make Easy fish pie:
- Peel and chop the potatoes into small chunks. Place in a pan of boiling, slightly salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer for approx. 10 minute until they are cooked through. Drain thoroughly and add the butter and a dash of milk. Mash well and put aside..
- Peel the carrot and grate into an medium overproof dish. Grate or thinkly slice the leeks and add to the dish..
- Add the frozen peas and the fish and mix well..
- Make the cheese sauce by melting 50g butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the cornflour and stir thoroughly until it starts to form a paste (roux). Add a little of the milk and stir to incorporate the roux and the liquid. You will need to keep doing this until all the milk is added, making sure there are no lumps in the sauce. A whisk may help you do this..
- Bring the sauce almost to a boil- it should thicken as it does so. Stir it at all times otherwise it will catch the bottom of the pan..
- Take the pan off the heat once it is thickened and add the grated cheese. Stir until it is fully melted and mixed. Add salt and pepper to taste (a tsp of mustard is also nice to add here if you like.).
- Mix the cheese sauce with the veg and fish in the dish.
- Top with the mashed potato and fluff up with a fork.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180˚c for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve with some lovely fresh green veg – broccoli and runner beans are the faves in our house!!.
Create a delicious fish pie sauce, try a different fish pie. Fresh or frozen fish pie mixes would work well here too. We bought ready-cooked and peeled quails eggs. How to make a fish pie for the whole family from scratch with minimal fuss. This fish pie is perfect food for kids, can be frozen for a later date and can be adapted to dietary.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food easy fish pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!