Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Indian Slow Cooked Lamb recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Indian Slow Cooked Lamb recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Choosing to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who suffer from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Even though we’re incessantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by making several modest changes.
Initially, you should be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your cart that you no longer wish to eat. For example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? A good healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been proven to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. By putting in fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to indian slow cooked lamb recipe. To make indian slow cooked lamb you only need 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Indian Slow Cooked Lamb:
- Provide 10 of Lamb chops, thin cut.
- Get 2 medium of onions.
- Provide 3 of Tomatoes.
- Use 150 grams of Natural yoghurt.
- You need 1 bunch of Fresh coriander.
- Provide 3 of Green chillies.
- Use 2 of Bay leaves.
- You need 1 of Cinnamon stick.
- Get 8 of Green cardamoms.
- Provide 1 tsp of Black peppercorns.
- Prepare 2 of Cloves.
- Take 1 gallon of Thumb size piece fresh ginger.
- Prepare 2 clove of Garlic.
- Provide 1 tsp of Coriander powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of Cumin powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Turmeric.
- Get 1 pinch of Red chilli powder.
Steps to make Indian Slow Cooked Lamb:
- Put the green chillies (deseeded), fresh coriander, yogurt and a dash of water in a food processor, wiz up and set aside..
- Use thin cut lamb chops, approx 1.5 cm thickness. Quantities can be altered, I allow 2 chops per person. Lay them out in a roasting dish, lightly season, then sober with the yoghurt mixture, covering Al sides of the chops with the yoghurt. Cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for approx 90 minutes..
- In the food processor, purée the onions and tomatoes, set aside. In a pestle and mortar, Cush the peppercorns, add the ginger and garlic, mash together, add a tiny amount water and the dried spices minus the cinnamon stick, cloves, bay leaves and cardamom pods and mash into a paste..
- Heat a dash of olive oil in a pan, add the onion and tomato paste, the cinnamon stick, snapped in half, the cardamom and cloves. Cook over low heat for approx 10 – 15 mins, stirring so the onions don't burn, till much of the moisture has evaporated. Add the spice paste from the pestle and mortar. Sauté for further 10 min, stirring. Leave to cool..
- Pour the onion and spice mix once cooled over the chops and yoghurt mix. Mix well. Return to fridge for a further hour..
- Take the chop marinade out of the fridge and transfer to the oven for 1 and half hours, at 160 Celsius. Take out and stir to prevent burning every 30 mins. The end result should be a dryish curry as most of the moisture will evaporate. You can serve this with rotis and salad, or rice..
Plus point is after you put everything in the slow cooker. Learn how to prepare this easy Slow Cooker Indian Lamb Curry recipe like a pro. Add baby spinach to slow cooker and cook, stirring occasionally, until spinach. Pour the liquid into the slow cooker. Stir in the yogurt mixture and season with salt and pepper.
If you find this Indian Slow Cooked Lamb recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.