Creamy Tomato Soup. This grownup, creamy (and dreamy) tomato soup can easily be doubled to feed a larger group—and makes for great leftovers. For a lighter soup, omit the cream; or for a little decadence, add more. Tomato soup is SUCH a comfort food for me.
A creamy tomato soup recipe from Jamie Oliver. This recipe shows you how to make tomato soup at home, and it couldn't be easier. Cooked tomatoes and tomato juice are pureed with fresh basil leaves in this soup thickened with heavy cream.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, creamy tomato soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
This grownup, creamy (and dreamy) tomato soup can easily be doubled to feed a larger group—and makes for great leftovers. For a lighter soup, omit the cream; or for a little decadence, add more. Tomato soup is SUCH a comfort food for me.
Creamy Tomato Soup is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Creamy Tomato Soup is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook creamy tomato soup using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Creamy Tomato Soup:
- Get 3 clove of fresh garlic, minced.
- Take 1 medium of yellow onion, medium diced.
- Take 2 medium of yams, peeled/medium diced.
- Take 4 tbsp of fresh basil, chopped.
- Get 1 1/3 pints of half and half cream.
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- Make ready 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Take 1 can of plum tomatoes (28 oz).
Reviews for: Photos of Rich and Creamy Tomato Basil Soup. This homemade creamy tomato soup recipe is easy, healthy, and delicious! Served with a grilled This creamy tomato soup recipe is comfort food at its best! It tastes rich, but it's light and healthy.
Steps to make Creamy Tomato Soup:
- Heat a large soup pot over medium-high and sauté onions and garlic until soft in olive oil with salt and pepper..
- When soft, add diced yams, stir and let cook down while opening canned tomatoes..
- Pour in tomatoes (with juices/liquids) and turn heat down to medium-low. Season with salt and pepper, cover and let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until yams are soft..
- Remove from heat and add cream (half and half) and fresh basil, with an immersion blender puree the soup until creamy and smooth..
- Return soup to low heat and season once more, thinning out with the milk to reach desired consistency..
- Serve with crusty bread, and garnish with more fresh basil. Enjoy!!.
Bean Soup with a creamy tomato broth – proof that you CAN make an amazing quick dinner using canned beans! Thick and creamy, full of savoury tomato flavour. This creamy tomato soup recipe is the perfect combination of naughty and nice – it's packed with vegetables but laced with a dash of sherry. Creamy Tomato Soup with Buttery Croutons. Back to Creamy Tomato Soup with Buttery Croutons.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food creamy tomato soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!