Smoked tomato and basil soup. I'm a teenage science geek who loves to cook and to experiment in the kitchen with different recipes, tools and techniques. Watch as I experiment with cool. Homemade roasted tomato basil soup with garlic, olive oil and caramelized onions.
Roasted Tomato & Basil Soup Recipe is not tested. Add the roasted tomatoes and half the shredded basil together with the vege stock concentrate and water. This Fresh Tomato Soup recipe uses garden-ripe tomatoes and fresh ingredients to make the BEST homemade tomato soup (no cans or pastes here)!
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, smoked tomato and basil soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Smoked tomato and basil soup is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look fantastic. Smoked tomato and basil soup is something that I have loved my entire life.
I'm a teenage science geek who loves to cook and to experiment in the kitchen with different recipes, tools and techniques. Watch as I experiment with cool. Homemade roasted tomato basil soup with garlic, olive oil and caramelized onions.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook smoked tomato and basil soup using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Smoked tomato and basil soup:
- Prepare 500 g of plum tomatoes.
- Take 450 g of vine tomatoes.
- Get 200 g of celery.
- Get 250 g of baby plum tomatoes.
- Prepare 100 g of tomato puree.
- Take 2 of carrots (250 g).
- Make ready 100 g of white part of leek.
- Make ready 1 of red chilli (optional).
- Get 1 of onion (300 g).
- Get 6 of garlic cloves.
- Take 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Get of Dried oregano.
- Get Half of a cup of fresh basil.
- Prepare 100 g of fennel (optional).
- Get of Salt.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of paprika.
- Get of Pepper.
- Prepare 6 of bay leaves.
- Take 1 tsp of sugar.
Working in batches if needed, blend tomato mixture, smoked tomatoes, and butter in a blender until smooth. Strain soup through a medium-mesh sieve into a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or room temperature topped with basil. This homemade tomato basil soup recipe is destined for your regular rotation!
Instructions to make Smoked tomato and basil soup:
- Preheat your bbq and insert smoking box with wooden chips on flavour bar. Prep and wash all the ingredients. In a large skillet (I used dutch oven) start searing onions, celery, garlic and fennel. After few minutes add rest of ingredients. Close the bbq and start smoking. I ve done mine for about an hour..
- After an hour cover vegetables with water. Add bay leaves, oregano and simmer for another hour.
- After that time add some more water if its needed. Add basil and cook it for another 10 min. Blitz it. Pass it thru the sieve. Add tomato puree. Whisk. Check seasoning. I always use nutmeg and a touch of sugar to get the perfect taste..
- Recipe can be adjusted to house environment. Vegetables can be roasted in the oven for 20 min in 180 °C. Then all can be transfered to the pot and cooked on the stove..
Made with fresh basil and roasted tomatoes, it's lightly creamy and delicious. Allow the tomato basil soup to cool slightly. Transfer it to a blender and puree until smooth, working in batches if necessary. A simple Tomato and basil soup recipe for you to cook a great meal for family or friends. Squeeze in the cooked garlic, discarding the skin.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food smoked tomato and basil soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!