Easy, Juicy Pineapple Pie.
Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, easy, juicy pineapple pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Easy, Juicy Pineapple Pie is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Easy, Juicy Pineapple Pie is something that I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook easy, juicy pineapple pie using 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Easy, Juicy Pineapple Pie:
- Get of [Topping].
- Get 1 of Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- Take of [Pie pastry].
- Take 100 grams of Cake flour.
- Get 100 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- Take 100 grams of ※ Transfat-free shortening (or canola oil or butter if you can't get a hold of it).
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Make ready 4 tbsp of to 5 tbsp Cold water.
- Prepare of [Filling].
- Prepare 1 small of Pineapple (or 2 small apples for an apple pie).
- Get 2 tbsp of to 3 tbsp Cake flour.
- Get 1/2 cup of Cane sugar (or brown sugar), as desired.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon powder.
Instructions to make Easy, Juicy Pineapple Pie:
- It will be high in calories, but you can use a store-bought frozen pie sheet. I used this pie sheet from New Zealand. You can get it off of online sites such as Rakuten or from the import store Kaldi..
- To make pie pastry: First, mix the dry ingredients. Add the shortening, and cut it into the dry mixture with a fork until it looks like coarse crumbs..
- Add the cold water and bring the mixture together without kneading. Flatten the dough with hands and fold it in half. Flatten it again and fold in half and repeat this process 3~4 times..
- After you repeated flattening and folding, you will have the pie layers inside. If you find it difficult to do this process, you can just hold the dough in half once and bring it together!.
- Halve the dough and wrap with cling film. Chill in the fridge for 15~30 minutes. You can skip this step if you don't have time..
- Lay a sheet of cling film on a work surface, dust a rolling pin and roll out each dough. Line a pie plate with one of the pastry. It's easy to do this if you flip the pastry over with the cling film underneath..
- Filling: Peel the skin and remove the core of the pineapple. Slice thinly and mix with the other filling ingredients..
- Put all the filling on top of the pastry. It will be a big mound, but put everything including the juice from the filling..
- Top with another pastry, stretching to cover the bottom pastry. Seal the edge with a fork so it won't open up while baking..
- Using a knife, cut some slits on top as air vents. You can make a lattice top or shape the top pastry however you want!.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200℃ for 10 minutes. Lower the temperature to 180℃ and bake for 40 minutes. When the crust is golden brown, and the juice is bubbling around the edge, it's done..
- Vanilla ice cream is a must item for a piping hot pie! You can use this pastry to make an apple pie, chicken pot pie and various dishes..
- Variation: I made a chicken pot pie using this pastry. Please refer to "Soy Milk Béchamel Sauce in 5 minutes" for tips: https://cookpad.com/en/recipes/156891-5-minute-white-sauce-with-soy-milk https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/156891-5-minute-white-sauce-with-soy-milk.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food easy, juicy pineapple pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!