Easy southern girl Meat Loaf.
Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, easy southern girl meat loaf. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Easy southern girl Meat Loaf is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look fantastic. Easy southern girl Meat Loaf is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook easy southern girl meat loaf using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Easy southern girl Meat Loaf:
- Get 2-3 lbs of mince meat of your choice, or mix it up with what ever meats you like. I use venison and weed or wild hog.
- Take 1 of yellow onion, chopped.
- Take 1 clove of garlic, crushed, then minced.
- Take 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- Get 1 of egg.
- Get 1 tablespoon of black pepper, or less if your not a fan.
- Take 2 tablespoons of Tony Chachere's.
- Get 1 tablespoon of Worcester sauce.
- Make ready 1 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- Get 1/2-3/4 cup of ketchup (don't want it too wet).
Steps to make Easy southern girl Meat Loaf:
- In a large mixing bowl lace your thawed meat. Add all your ingredients. Mix it up, this is the messy part..
- Once you have everything mixed real good, get a 13 x 9 baking pan and spray with non-stick spray..
- Get 8 strips of thick cut bacon, I use smoked, but use what you like, and place long ways across the middle of your baking pan so that it's hanging off the sides..
- Next, mold you meat into a large ball you can hold in your hands and it is not falling apart. Place the ball into the middle of the layer out bacon and mold into an oblong or squared shape. You don't want it too thick or it will take a long time to cook. I like it to be no more than the height of my pinky finger. Hey! I am a southern girl, what do you want? Me to actually use a measuring cup? Lol!.
- Next, fold bacon over the loaf in any pattern you like and secure with toothpicks..
- Place your masterpiece in a preheated 375 degree oven for 90 min or so until it's done. Cooking time varies with the thickness of the loaf, so keep an eye on it..
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food easy southern girl meat loaf recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!