Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
Everyone knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a naturally healthy and balanced diet and get a proper workout regularly. The is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. When our work day is done, most people do not wish to go to the gym. We want a yummy, greasy burger, not an equally tasty salad (unless we’re vegetarians). You will be pleased to discover that getting healthy doesn’t have to be hard. If you are diligent you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food choices you need. Here are some very simple ways to get healthy.
Climb stairs. Instead of selecting the elevator, climb the stairs to your floor. While this will be hard to do if you live on or if your job is on a extremely high level floor in a skyscraper, taking the stairs to a home or office on, say, the fifth floor is completely do-able. If you do work on a very high floor, why not get off the elevator a few floors early and walk the rest of the way? Most people will choose to be lazy and take an elevator instead of choosing exercise on the stairs. Even just a individual flight of stairs, when walked up or down a few times a day–can be a great improvement to your system.
There are plenty of things you can go after to become healthy. Extensive gym visits and directly defined diets are not always the answer. Little things, when done every single day, can do a lot to enable you to get healthy and lose pounds. Being clever when you choose your food and activities is where it begins. Getting as much physical exercise as you possibly can is another factor. Remember: being healthy and balanced isn’t just about slimming down. You need to help to make your body as strong it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips recipe. You can have brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips using 21 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips:
- Take of For the elk.
- You need 4 lb of elk roast.
- Provide 6 slices of bacon.
- Use 1 of LG sweet onion.
- Provide 4 cloves of minced garlic.
- You need 12 of large basil leaves, chopped.
- You need of Around 10 cups beef stock.
- Use 1 bottle of good red wine, I use Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Use 2 cups of flour seasoned heavy w/ garlic salt, white pepper.
- Prepare of Also seasoned w/ onion powder, steak seasoning, & smoked paprika.
- Provide of For the mash.
- Take 3 of LG parsnips, peeled and cubed.
- Take 1 of small head cauliflower, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- You need 2 tbs of butter.
- Use to taste of Sea salt and black pepper.
- Provide 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Take of Other ingredients.
- Get 1 loaf of sourdough french baguette.
- Provide of Creme fraiche.
- Prepare of Grated gruyere cheese.
Instructions to make Brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips:
- Chop bacon and fry off in a LG frying pan. Remove to a LG dutch oven..
- Meanwhile, cut elk roast into 1 inch cubes. Remove all silver skin, fat, or tendon..
- Mix flour and seasonings in a LG bowl..
- Fry onion and garlic in the bacon grease until sweated and translucent. Do not brown..
- Add the onion, garlic, basil, beef stock, and wine to the Dutch oven and bring to a boil..
- Add oil to the bacon fat. Roll elk in flour. Knock off excess flour and fry in batches. Add to dutch oven when done. In between batches remove flour from pan and add a little oil..
- Simmer the mixture for 1 1/2 to 2 hours uncovered. Stir often. This should reduce and thicken up nicely..
- Meanwhile add parsnips and cauliflower to a saucepot. Just cover with water. Bring to a simmer and cook until just tender. Drain water. Add rest of parsnip ingredients and mash until smooth, but slightly chunky..
- When sauce thickens and elk is tender, slice baguette on a bias. Butter and slightly toast. Spread creme fraiche over baguette. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with elk and sauce. Serve parsnips on the side. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
This roasted cauliflower & parsnip mash is a flavorful and simple seasonal side dish. Heat milk in a large pot over medium heat until warmed and just under a boil. It's really freakin' good, but it's also fairly flat. It lacks the starchiness of mashed potatoes, it lacks the heft! In playing with alternative options I have found that parsnips and roasted garlic are the magic combination to take cauliflower mash to another level.
If you find this Brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.