Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Salisbury Steak recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Salisbury Steak recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Salisbury Steak recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
You already understand that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be sensible and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. The sad thing is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. Going to the gym isn’t something people decide to do when they get off from work. We want a yummy, greasy burger, not an equally scrumptious salad (unless we’re vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy decisions doesn’t have to be a pain. If you are persistent you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food you need. Here are some of the best ways to be healthy.
Go up the stairs. Instead of choosing the elevator, climb the stairs to your floor. This isn’t as effortless to do if you work on a very high floor but if you work on a lower floor, using the stairs is a superb way to get some extra exercise. Even if your office or home is on one of the highest floors, you can decide to get off of the elevator early and take the stairs the rest of the way. So many people choose the elevator over hiking even a single flight of stairs. That just one flight of stairs—when taken a few times a day—can be just the additional boost that your system needs.
There are all sorts of activities that you can do to get wholesome. Not all of them demand fancy gym memberships or limited diets. You can do tiny things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being intelligent when you choose your food and activities is where it begins. Getting as much physical exercise as possible is another factor. Remember: being healthful isn’t just about slimming down. It’s about making your body as strong as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to salisbury steak recipe. You can cook salisbury steak using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Salisbury Steak:
- Take 1 lb of ground beef.
- Get 1 of large egg.
- Use 1/3 cup of bread crumbs.
- Use 1/3 cup of milk.
- Take 1 tsp of dried parsley.
- Use 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Use 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Take 1 tbs of olive oil.
- Use 2 tbs of unsalted butter.
- Use 2 tbs of flour.
- You need 2 cups of low sodium beef broth.
- Get 1 tbs of worcestershire sauce.
- Use to taste of additional salt and pepper.
Steps to make Salisbury Steak:
- In a large bowl blend first 9 ingredients by hand until well combined. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions and form into patties about 1/2-3/4 inch thick (their diameter should be about 3 inches)..
- Place patties in a single layer on a plate. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hr. Remove patties from fridge about 15 minutes before you're ready to cook..
- Heat a large, deep sided skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and butter. Swirl to coat skillet. As soon as butter is melted place patties in skillet distributed evenly, edges not touching. Sear 3-4 minutes per side, but not cooking through..
- When both sides are seared transfer patties to a plate and set aside. Do not drain fat from skillet. Wisk flour into fat. Allow to cook about 1 minute. Wisk in beef broth ensuring no clumps form..
- Bring gravy to a simmer wisking frequently. When gravy simmers wisk in worcestershire sauce. Continue simmering until gravy begins to thicken. About 5 minutes. Carefully taste and add salt and pepper to personal taste..
- Return patties to skillet, turning once to coat in gravy. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover and allow to gently simmer about 10 minutes. Flip patties. Cover, turn heat to low and let sit 10 minutes more. This is allowing the patties to soak up some of that gravy flavor while they finish cooking..
- Your gravy should be on the thin side for this dish. Serve with mashed potatoes (or cauliflower, yum!). Drizzle gravy over patties and potatoes. Enjoy!.
- See notes and tips below ⤵.
- Tip: Form patties with edges slightly thicker than the center to avoid the "domed" effect of cooked beef patties..
- The hour in the fridge is to allow time for the flavors to really blend and develop. If you want to skip this step that is perfectly fine. The flavors just won't be quite as bold..
- It is important to not touch or move patties around in skillet until it is time to flip them in order to form that nice crisp, caramelized sear on the meat..
If you find this Salisbury Steak recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.