Simple loaf of bread. She then founded Simple Loaf of Bread (SLOB) with her slogan, "Spreading cheer to cancer patients one fuel card at a time" which is exactly what she did and more. Where's the best place to start? Right here with a simple yeasted loaf of bread.
This simple weekday sourdough bread is an uncomplicated recipe and schedule for mixing and baking a loaf of bread during the busy workweek. But why is this recipe so easy compared to others here? Shaping a loaf of bread is easy, fun, and takes just a few minutes.
Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, simple loaf of bread. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Simple loaf of bread is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Simple loaf of bread is something that I have loved my whole life.
She then founded Simple Loaf of Bread (SLOB) with her slogan, "Spreading cheer to cancer patients one fuel card at a time" which is exactly what she did and more. Where's the best place to start? Right here with a simple yeasted loaf of bread.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook simple loaf of bread using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Simple loaf of bread:
- Make ready 250 grams of Wholemeal flour.
- Get 250 grams of Strong white bread flour.
- Prepare 400 ml of warm water.
- Take 1 tsp of yeast.
- Get 30 grams of salt.
Learn the tricks of forming a loaf that is the perfect size and shape for the pan. A simple loaf of white bread is a great recipe to have in your baking arsenal, and you'll love knowing how to make bread anytime you might want it. It's a fairly straightforward process to form the dough, and you don't need any special equipment. Our simple white loaf recipe is perfect for you!
Steps to make Simple loaf of bread:
- Mix the yeast with some very warm (not boiling) water. Add the flours and salt to a large mixing bowl. Make a deep well in this and start adding water, about 100 ml at a time. Fold in the flour, making sure you mix as much as possible each time. When a fork becomes impractical, use your hands instead..
- By the end you should have a single ball of slightly sticky dough. If it’s too sticky, add a little flour, too dry, a little more water. In both instances, it should just be a very little at a time..
- Flour your work surface, and knead for 10 minutes. Use the ball of your hand, and it’s a gentle massage, not a vicious assault. If your arms ache while doing this, you’re going too hard. Seriously, a generation of TV chefs have sold a lie about this part of the process, in order to try and look more masculine while baking..
- As the yeast activates, the dough should start to feel more and more bouncy. Once it feels good and elastic, place it in a large, floured bowl, cover with a tea towel and stick it in your airing cupboard for 45 minutes. If you have no airing cupboard, balance it on top of a radiator. Warm and dry is the watchword here..
- After 45 minutes proving, it will have grown as if it were alive, mostly because it is, in a way. Give it another near for five minutes, then put it on a floured baking sheet or tray, cover with a tea towel, and give it another hour to prove..
- Yep. It’s huge now. Form it into a high ball, and stick in the oven at 170c for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, turn it down to about 140c, and cook until it makes a hollow sounding ‘donk’ noise when you tap the bottom of the loaf..
- Rest on a wire rack to settle then enjoy. with any luck, it should be light on the inside, but lovely and crusty out. If you’re making toast with it, do have one with marmite and one with picallilli. The contrast between pickled bitterness and salty richness is absolute heaven..
Made from scratch, it's perfect for lunch and tastes amazing! This is a basic simple white bread recipe using Allinson's very strong white bread flour. In just a few simple steps of mixing, kneading, proving and baking, you'll have a loaf of freshly made. Well I'll tell you one thing that has not been cancelled and that is the absolute amazing support we at Simple Loaf Of Bread get from our supporters. A no nonsense simple white loaf of bread, the simplest loaf I can think of with the simplest method making sure we hit all the important parts of the process This is not an "easy loaf of bread" recipe or a "cheaters guide to bread", there are no shortcuts taken here or corners cut because every time.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food simple loaf of bread recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!